win or massive fail

hondro

• Members

Replaced the mint green tele pickguard with a nitro finished one ply black (with paint can ring on back) from Callaham

I had originally bought the black pickguard with all the other Callaham parts on this guitar when I was going to make a 52 style telecaster

P4230002.jpg

I got a little lazy and decided to buy a body instead.

With that body I bought a 3 ply mint green pickguard because I always liked Custom Telecasters the best. I also thought it would look cool in an Andy Summer's way to have a custom tele with a maple neck

I just found the old black pickguard and decided to put it on. Sorry for the long story, but its late and Im bored

without further ado (sorry for the bad computer camera pictures)

OLD

PC210024-1.jpg

P2290006.jpg

NEW

Photo146.jpg

Photo147.jpg

• Members

whatever, I like how it kind of blends in. I always thought black guards on sunburst teles looked cool in a "not the way they're supposed to look sort of way"

I dunno. Either way I have the old pickguard and the mounting screws if I wanna put it back.

• Members

whatever, I like how it kind of blends in. I always thought black guards on sunburst teles looked cool in a "not the way they're supposed to look sort of way"

I dunno. Either way I have the old pickguard and the mounting screws if I wanna put it back.

Black guards on sunburts is the same as wearing white sweat socks with a suit. You just don't do it!!! :mad:

Just my humble opinion of course, yours may vary. :thu:

• Members

As an unbias viewer here I'd have to go with the white or mint as well. If it wasn't bound then perhaps it wouldn't be so striking a difference, but with the binding and white it's just frickin gorgeous. Black just looks bland.

Archived