June Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had two cp Jazzmasters. One had some low frets and another had bad electronics. I got them both as blems so that could have been the problem. I played one in the store and it was a good one.

I guess I should rephrase...they don't compare at all if you can get an avri for 999

• Members
I had two cp Jazzmasters. One had some low frets and another had bad electronics. I got them both as blems so that could have been the problem. I played one in the store and it was a good one.

I guess I should rephrase...they don't compare at all if you can get an avri for 999

Bingo :thu:

Only the Sunburst was on the list. I asked about Oly White and it was no dice. Drat. There's something abot Oly White with a brown tort guard that looks so fantastic too. And of course, it will have much better tone too. :D

• Members

Just beware though, they tend to have a bit of problem with the way the neck sits. Quite often the skinny E is on the very edge (and I mean at the edge) of the neck at the 21st fret.

I think that's just the vintage spacing of the bridge. I see that on many

Strats with a vintage spaced bridge. It's real easy to pull the 21st note off the fretboard. Basically impossible to use vibrato up there on the high E. If the neck is not aligned perfect that can increase the issue. Loosen the bolts & then give it some decent taps to get it aligned & tight in the pocket.

I like the American standards & MX Standards for their string spacing. They're not the same, but they both give a little more room on the edges, so I have no issues with pulling strings off the fretboard.

• Members

I didn't ask them about basses but you should call them up. If not they are having a sale on friday for fender instruments.

I ended up getting a RW Tele (only in sunburst unfortunately). Can't wait.

• Members

I didn't ask them about basses but you should call them up. If not they are having a sale on friday for fender instruments.

I ended up getting a RW Tele (only in sunburst unfortunately). Can't wait.

BOOOO! was considering this, but only if it was for blonde.

quick reverse-deal: SG fadeds are back up to $900 at MF. wtf? who the {censored} is gonna pay $900 for a faded?

• Members
Any sale on the roadworn basses????

I called. No sale on the RW basses. Couple hundred off the MM and GL and Aero - but that just brings them to last year's prices. :( Will call back on Friday and see if the RW's are discounted.

• Members

Is there a way to buy say 3 or 4 of those leather straps without having to pay $5 for each one for shipping? I added 1 to my cart but there is no way to edit the quantity.

Probably not. It obviously doesn't cost them $5 to mail you a strap. That's just their way of selling you a strap for $7 which you can only return for $2 if there's a problem.

I bought one anyway. I've got a band-mate who could use a nicer strap.

• Members

Is there a way to buy say 3 or 4 of those leather straps without having to pay $5 for each one for shipping? I added 1 to my cart but there is no way to edit the quantity.

I don't think so. I tried when they had picks for cheap. But I bought a strap anyway. $7 (with p & h) is still not bad.

• Members

Well according to the guy I just spoke with at MF...the RWs are no longer 599

Not sure if he's full of it or not but he said that weekly special ended yesterday.

Of course when asked, he also said he wasn't aware of any sale this Friday for Fender gear...so who knows.

I'll call again on Friday and see if I can get a black 50s RW for 599. Does anybody know if those are included in the 599? Or has anyone purchased a RW since yesterday?

• Members

Well according to the guy I just spoke with at MF...the RWs are no longer 599 // Not sure if he's full of it or not but he said that weekly special ended yesterday. // Of course when asked, he also said he wasn't aware of
any sale this Friday for Fender gear
...so who knows. // I'll call again on Friday and see if I can get a black 50s RW for 599. Does anybody know if those are included in the 599? Or has anyone purchased a RW since yesterday?

This banner was at the top of an MF email from yesterday morning.

6-19-09fridayhotline.jpg

It is also on MF's website.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/fender-fest?src=3TP9FF&ZYXSEM=0

• Members

Well according to the guy I just spoke with at MF...the RWs are no longer 599

Not sure if he's full of it or not but he said that weekly special ended yesterday.

Of course when asked, he also said he wasn't aware of any sale this Friday for Fender gear...so who knows.

I'll call again on Friday and see if I can get a black 50s RW for 599. Does anybody know if those are included in the 599? Or has anyone purchased a RW since yesterday?

I believe that is correct that the weekly special that included the Road Worns ended yesterday. I bought one of the Jazzmasters yesterday and the lady told me it was the last day for the Jazzmaster and Road Worn deals.

• Members

I believe that is correct that the weekly special that included the Road Worns ended yesterday. I bought one of the Jazzmasters yesterday and the lady told me it was the last day for the Jazzmaster and Road Worn deals.

uh-oh. Does that mean new weekly specials today at MF?

Archived