Being a fan of vintage SGs, this pains me

sxyryan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of you woodworking gurus should rescue that thing. It deserves a good home.

I'd be happy if it just goes to a better home than where ever it has been.

I'd pick it up but not that much extra cash at the moment

• Members

One of you woodworking gurus should rescue that thing. It deserves a good home.

buy it for me, ill fix it up, then pay it back to you when i sell it.

:thu:

I wonder what i could get for this if i were to make it all pretty, refret it, try to get a new headstock veneer with logo from gibson, fix that headstock properly, and refinish it in black or red... keeping all original parts of course.

• Members

What are you people complaining about? A lot of people are paying top dollar to have their new guitars made to look trashed like that (and then swearing to us that it's because their faked beat-up guitars are such "great players".) :poke:

• Members

What are you people complaining about? A lot of people are paying top dollar to have their new guitars made to look trashed like that (and then swearing to us that it's because their faked beat-up guitars are such "great players".) :poke:

Oh my god, "you people" cannot resist taking jabs like that, can you? :facepalm:

• Members

For some reason, I REALLY want that.

And I wouldn't be cleaning it up either. it just looks so damn awesome as is, for some reason.

That's not something I'd intentionally do to a guitar...but that's unbearably cool for some reason...

• Members

One thing puzzling me is that if those holes are from the original wrapover bridge, either the original or this replacement bridge must be impossible to intonate...how come the positions are so different?

61%20les%20paul%20sg%20junior.jpg

gibson compensated bridges are straight for some reason. the more puzzling thing to me is that the "new" location is about 1/2" back from the original... how does that intonate?

• Members

I can't believe that POS went for $719!!!
:eek::facepalm:
Some people have got waaaaaaaaay too much $ on their hands!

Yeah.. That is SO messed up.. WHAT are people thinking??.. Even with everything fixed up, sanded down and refinished like new, thats maybe a $1200 guitar.. Refins with NO other repairs are worth half of what original is worth. All the other damage makes it worth less than half. Probably a lot less if all the damage that that new paint is covering up is revealed.

Truly this "vintage thing" is totally out of control... bob

• Members

Yeah.. That is SO messed up.. WHAT are people thinking??.. Even with everything fixed up, sanded down and refinished like new, thats maybe a $1200 guitar.. Refins with NO other repairs are worth half of what original is worth. All the other damage makes it worth less than half. Probably a lot less if all the damage that that new paint is covering up is revealed.

Truly this "vintage thing" is totally out of control... bob

ive seen a few neck repaired refinned 65's going for $1500-$2000. granted nowhere near as bad as this one, but it is a 61... im betting someone makes money off it.

• Members

ive seen a few neck repaired refinned 65's going for $1500-$2000. granted nowhere near as bad as this one, but it is a 61... im betting someone makes money off it.

I sold a 61 about 5 years ago, ...Original finish, 1 added P 90 ,added 3 way switch, badass bridge and changed tuners.. $800, and thats what it was worth at that time... Played and sounded like something God Himself designed and built.

Shortly after, I noticed the value of SG;s Almost doubling every year. Not 10% or 20%... $700 for a clean one one year, $1300 the year after, $2000 the next, $3200 the next,$4500 the next.. Its out of control... As long as someone is willing to buy however.........

• Members

I'd bet that too.

Someones gonna be all over a nice clean looking 1961 SG/LP.

Money in the bank!

Archived