July Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Don't forget to link through bing.com (formerly live.com) to get 5% cashback on your American Musical Supply purchases.

Further information on how to use bing.com (formerly live.com) to get chasback on your purchases can be found at
www.bing.com

Does Bing do eBay at all? Every search I tried came up snake eyes!

• Members
Does anyone know of any current codes for discounts for any online store?
:confused:

I need to buy some strings and possibly a tuner.

Sam Ash has some 10 packs for $10 and some 12 packs for $12. I've used both and they are pretty good. Free shipping too!

• Members
Sam Ash has some 10 packs for $10
and some 12 packs for $12. I've used both and they are pretty good. Free shipping too!

Hey thanks! I just got All I needed :thu:

and actually, just found this on the net.

TJOOS2060

It takes $20 off of any order of $60+ :idea:

Cheers!

• Members

I wish I'd known about the 5% cashback deal with bing. I bit the bullet on the AMS 10% off Fender sale. I called in and got an extra 5% off my guitar when I said GC would price match +10% off. I went with AMS because of the free 12-month extented warranty and free ground shipping, but I couldn't wait so I got 2 day air. Here's what I got:

Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar with Case - Maple Fingerboard, Three Color Sunburst
p25963.jpg
AMS Regular price: $1639.99
Sale price: $1475.99
I paid: $1396.84

Fender Frontman II 25R Guitar Combo Amplifier
p19023.jpg
AMS Regular price: $99.99
Sale price: $89.99

I can't wait to plug this in. It's my first electric(!) and I'm essentially just starting out on guitar as it is. I always heard that you should get the best guitar you can afford, and I dare say I did just that. Did I make the right decision? I'm already eying the Vox AC4TV... I have to save up for that one.

Anyone else get in on the Fender sales going on?

• Members

Did I make the right decision? I'm already eying the Vox AC4TV... I have to save up for that one.

Welcome to Harmony Central! You've bought yourself a very nice first guitar, one so nice it completely outshines the amp you've selected. In a word - yes, the AC4TV is a much, much better choice. But congratulations all the same!

Speaking of $100 amps, the Vox DA5 is $99 in red and vintage white at MF, now $89 or $84 with the call in code... hard to complain about that.

• Members

I can't wait to plug this in. It's my first electric(!) and I'm essentially just starting out on guitar as it is. I always heard that you should get the best guitar you can afford, and I dare say I did just that. Did I make the right decision? I'm already eying the Vox AC4TV... I have to save up for that one.

Aspen,

I think you may be fine with the amp. It just depends on what you plan on doing with it. Frontman amps seemed to be frowned on around here. Personally I have like the couple frontman amps I've played thru at Guitar Center.

Have fun.

- w

• Members

Welcome to Harmony Central! You've bought yourself a very nice first guitar, one so nice it completely outshines the amp you've selected. In a word - yes, the AC4TV is a much, much better choice. But congratulations all the same!

Speaking of $100 amps, the Vox DA5 is $99 in red and vintage white at MF, now $89 or $84 with the call in code... hard to complain about that.

Thanks! I was looking at a MIM Strat at GC the other day, but I just threw caution to the wind and got this one. I'm sure I won't be outgrowing this for years and years.

I kind of had a feeling that it wasn't the best amp available, but I was at the edge of my guitar budget and couldn't go any higher for the AC4TV. I might have gone for the DA5, but I was only vaguely aware of it/didn't want to split orders across sites. I couldn't bear getting one before the other and being stuck waiting for the other shipment. This may be my first amp, but I'm sure it won't be my last. It's all part of the journey.

Aspen,

I think you may be fine with the amp. It just depends on what you plan on doing with it. Frontman amps seemed to be frowned on around here. Personally I have like the couple frontman amps I've played thru at Guitar Center.

Have fun.

- w

I'm sure it'll play well enough. I just wanted something clean since I have a lot of options with the S-1 switching. I hear Fender amps sound clean, so I guess we'll see. I can always save up for the Vox later. To be honest, I probably won't be able to appreciate how good the guitar is, or how lacking any amp is, for a while yet. I can't wait to dig in!

• Members

VOX Special at Musicians Friend:

10% off - Up to $100

15% off - 100-$500

20% off - over $500

This is according to a rep I just spoke with.

I wonder if I could convince the sales person to charge me a penny MORE for a Vox Night Train amp (regularly $499.99) so it would cost $400 instead of $424.99...

• Members

Welcome aspen. :wave:

Do note that this thread aspires to a tight focus on great deals, and while there's a fair bit of leeway in that, you'll probably want to start a new thread to announce your impending New Guitar & Amp Day (NG&AD) - and congrats, BTW!

• Members

Here's a chance for one of you "vintage" guitar lovers to own one of the great mistakes of the Norlin era!

It's weird enough and cheap enough that I'm half-tempted to buy it just for the novelty.

I'd swamp that in a second if it were local. Get it. At the very least, you can be assured you'll get back for it what you put in.

• Members

I'd swamp that in a second if it were local. Get it. At the very least, you can be assured you'll get back for it what you put in.

LOL. Nobody is local to that person. "Mora area" means they live among the birds and the trees. Mora is a tiny city in the wilderness which is so small that most urban & suburban Minnesotans don't even know where it is. It's not even really "along the way" to anywhere, just kind of in that no-man's-land of central Minnesota.

So if you're from the Twin Cities, factor in the two-hour drive to get out there in your calculation.

Granted, if you are a fan of odd-ball discontinued guitars, it would be TOTALLY worth the hassle. You probably won't see another Corvus on the Minnesota Craigslist anytime soon unless somebody buys this one and tries to flip it for $500.

• Members

Here are a couple of great deals on guitars i used to own:
I just sold a burgundy Peavey T60 to the Columbus West Music Go Round they are selling it for 199.00
I also let go of a Yamaha 302s Tele which is also $199.00 I believe.
Both great guitars, great players. My Loss is your gain!

If you judge this as spam please remove it.

Archived