NGD - Carvin Bolt Plus

c2rex

• Members

Yes, stainless steel medium jumbo.

Odd thing was with the tuners. I didn't really specify, but they added Sperzel locking tuners, even though I had em put a locking nut on it. Seems kin've redundant, but I'm not complaining. The Sperzels are a sort of satin-ish brushed aluminum, but doesn't look terrible.

• Members

Yes, stainless steel medium jumbo.

Odd thing was with the tuners. I didn't really specify, but they added Sperzel locking tuners, even though I had em put a locking nut on it. Seems kin've redundant, but I'm not complaining. The Sperzels are a sort of satin-ish brushed aluminum, but doesn't look terrible.

Yeah, that's standard

• Members

HNGD. i was in san diego last week and the house i stay at is like 2 minutes from their showroom. unfortunately every guitar they had out either had a floyd rose or ebony fretboard, neither of which i like. they're damn nice anyway, i've got a huge boner for a cherryburst C66

• Members

Awesome.

I've had 2 Bolt+ kits. Great guitars.

Did you stick with the 12" radius? If so, how do you like it? I was thinking about getting the 14 on my next one but can't decide if it's really worth the extra $$.

• Members

The color sucks IMO. Way too dark and black edges are a turnoff for me. Otherwise looks really nice. Carvin somehow always manages to have kind of a clinical perfection to their guitars when it comes to craftmanship.

• Members

Bolt Plus

Flamed maple body w/ matching headstock

Blueburst color

Chrome floyd w/ locking nut and knobs

Tung oil neck

Stainless Steel Med Jumbo Frets

Ebony Fret board

14" radius

Zebra humbuckers (dealer talked me into the standards over the hotter ones)

Came with a 5 way switch, positions 2 and 4 appear to be coil split

Sperzel locking tuners Satin (brushed aluminum?)

Set up w/ 9s.

Arrived in tune.

The color looks as pictured in bright light and outdoors. Inside in low light the color seems almost teal. Both look sweet.

• Members

Actually...

I decided on the color after looking at an ad for a BC Rich Gunslinger from 1987 that was in blueburst, that I found after looking at one of AxeSlingers guitars.

Considered a Gunslinger and a Charvel, but didn't want a maple board and couldn't find the combo of a strat-ish body, 22 frets, floyd and non-maple neck in blueburst ...til I went to Carvin.

Archived