Cat owners: Do your cats gravitate to your guitars/amps?

maltomario

• Members

I have a cat (siamese mix) and when he isn't out killing vermin he likes to spend most of his time lounging around my guitar room. Today was my cat's annual bath day (my wifes idea), and the first place he ran to to seek solace after the bath was my guitar room. Which, i think is pretty cool because generally thats what I do after a bad day. Cats are pretty cool in that regard.

3960925154_0001f06e4f_b.jpg

3960928076_c78110105f_b.jpg

I got to thinking about it and the more I realized he digs hanging out near my equipment. Maybe so he can shed all over it, I dont know. Warm tube amps = comfy for him. He also loves the inside of my guitar cases (So I have learned the hard way never to leave them open)

Any of you have stories of your feline companion(s) and your gear room?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My cat likes to lounge around mt gear but, when I turn it on, she runs.

I just LOL'd. . i happened to glance at your profile pic just as I finished reading your post. imagined your cat would look like that as you fired up your half-stack and slammed an A chord! :lol:

• Members

I have a cat (siamese mix) and when he isn't out killing vermin he likes to spend most of his time lounging around my guitar room. Today was my cat's annual bath day (my wifes idea), and the first place he ran to to seek solace after the bath was my guitar room. Which, i think is pretty cool because generally thats what I do after a bad day. Cats are pretty cool in that regard.

3960925154_0001f06e4f_b.jpg

3960928076_c78110105f_b.jpg

I got to thinking about it and the more I realized he digs hanging out near my equipment. Maybe so he can shed all over it, I dont know. Warm tube amps = comfy for him. He also loves the inside of my guitar cases (So I have learned the hard way never to leave them open)

Any of you have stories of your feline companion(s) and your gear room?

Your cat looks like he's grumbling about your wife! :cop:

Beautiful cat BTW...

• Members

Not really. Before we had our own cats, though, my wife and I worked for a catsitting service and we had this one with us for almost two years. She was usually pretty anti-social, but when the band practiced in our apartment, she came right out and plopped herself in front of the kick drum.

Our cats can't stay away when I'm changing guitar strings, though, they all love that. Oh, and rubbing up against the mic stand when I'm trying to record vocals or acoustic guitar with my sensitive condensor.

• Members

Mine always do when i bring out a case and open it up...they always want to see what's inside.

When I'm playing and my amp is cranking, my little girl (5 months old) likes to park herself near it or on top of it. She's fascinated by the sound (don't worry, it's not too loud to where it would hurt her ears). She's even more into me playing the bass and hitting really low notes. My other two cats mainly just look at the cases when I have them open...but are unimpressed by the playing....neither liking or hating it.

• Members

We have a Persian/something mix kitten we rescued and she loves to sit in the horn of my Tele and pluck at the strings. I'll have to get a pic and post it. I figure the worst she can do is relic it thereby making it easier to sell on Ebay...

Archived