Cat owners: Do your cats gravitate to your guitars/amps?

maltomario

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am actually a cat person and this is a two cat household, but the two current cats have already had their guitar room privileges cancelled for various different forms of bad behavior. I don't trust them in here and that makes both of them nuts because (of course) now that they aren't allowed in here they just absolutely have to get in. It is kind of fun to watch the antics but the pitiful yowling at the door gets old after a while.

• Members

I am actually a cat person and this is a two cat household, but the two current cats have already had their guitar room privileges cancelled for various different forms of bad behavior. I don't trust them in here and that makes both of them nuts because (of course) now that they aren't allowed in here they just absolutely have to get in. It is kind of fun to watch the antics but the pitiful yowling at the door gets old after a while.

That wouldn't fly around here...our girls hate a closed door just like yours. :D

• Members

I'm unfortunately allergic to cats, so no cats for me. My bunny has a strange fixation on eating my orange cab though. She goes through periods where I can't stop her from trying to eat that wheat grille. She also has shredded every foamy guitar stand I've ever owned, as well as completely destroyed my PA by getting behind it.

All told I've talied that she's eaten about 300$ worth of cables since I got her. But she's cute enough that I can't stay mad at her.

my troublemaker

pancakesvarious022.jpg

/w me on the couch and relaxing

DSC03507.jpg

in bunny loaf of disapproval form

• Members

We have 3 cats in our house. Jack 13 1/2, Face 2 1/2 and Miss Kitty 1 year old. Jack likes to sleep in my guitar cases but at the first pluck of a string, be it acoustic or even un-amped electric will take off like you stuck a branding iron up his ass. Face loves guitars and tries to get between me and the guitar when I'm playing kind of like a protective pad for the finish. Miss K really does not seem to care one way or the other but they all like to sleep on my mixing board which is why I keep it covered when not in use with a 1" foam pad and a bath towel to keep the kitty hair out of the sliders. I've tried to banish them from the guitar room but they will sit outside the the door and sing until I let them in...gotta' love em':thu:

J.R.

• Members

cats and gear ?????

what cats????

dcam4201.jpg

dcam4198.jpg

dcam2989yh1.jpg

dcam2991ab5.jpg

dcam2389sm8.jpg

this one is not actually mine, but has taken hangin out with the gear to a new level...

11208hjjk0.gif

• Members

Told this story on here once before but here goes....one day not long after I started playing guitar I'm home alone practicing in my studo, totally consumed by what I'm doing when suddenly 8 lbs. of fur land on my shoulders!

As at first I didn't realize what happened I jumped about a foot thinking there was an intruder or something. Turns out my cat had leaped from the top of a dresser 4-5' from where I was standing playing my guitar and landed right on my shoulder. From that point on I had to make sure and stand far enough away from any tall objects from which she could launch herself otherwise she'd try to do it again! And the odd thing is that it didn't seem like the music was aggravating her but more exciting her. On a sad note I had to put down my 19 year old tabby Tumble in January of this year. Boy do I miss that cat....:cry:

• Members

I'm the cat person in the house - got a bunch.

Most are quite oblivious to my playing (it could be me, one of them hides when I play the fiddle), except for my baby Oskar- named after a harp virtuoso. I got him when he was 3 days old, he's 10 now. He LOVES me playing the harp, or the accordion - just makes his day.

Oscar.jpg

• Members

my cats just turned 1. they arent allowed in my music room. i dont want them to chew on cables or claw my speaker grills.

11weeks2.jpg

6weeks.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC07703.jpg

cookie is the girl and the hunter...vader is the black one and he is hopeless...if he were human he would be the cute guy that gets girls to do everything for him.

recently the wife bought a new acoustic and its the only guitar that stays in the living room...the case it came it was the most padded thing i have seen and they both love to sleep on it.

Archived