Cat owners: Do your cats gravitate to your guitars/amps?

maltomario

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm severely allergic to cats....so if I saw a cat near my gear....I'd probably stomp the {censored} out of it.

Yeah, because it's the cat's fault for you being allergic to it. Though why would a cat be near your gear? And if you're severely allergic to them, why is your first instinct to go TOWARDS it to...as you say..."stomp the {censored} out of it"? Not only would you probably drop into anaphylactic shock, you'd also draw the ire of cat lovers that would just let you squirm away without helping you with your epi-pen.

• Members

My bass rig is about 6 feet tall. The cabs have protective carpet on them, perfect for cat scratchin, and excellent for climbing. No suprise the favorite perch in the house for the cats is on top of my bass rig. They dont really have much interest in any of my other gear, unless I leave a guitar case open on the floor in which case, they all take turns taking a nap in it.

• Members

Mine loves my cases and pedal board. I've shown up for many a gig, opened my case and had a big poof of cat fur. Gah!

He used to love using tolex for a scratching post. I put an end to that real quick with a spray bottle. Now that we have an 1800 couch tho, I don't mindhim using my can as long as he stays away from the couch heh

• Members

Any of you have stories of your feline companion(s) and your gear room?

Yes. An amplifier or hardshell case covered in pebbled Tolex makes a GREAT scratching post (As does the front speaker cloth on some amps). An open guitar case on the floor makes a GREAT bed (especially the more expensive plush ones, but even chipboard will do!). The open back of a combo amp makes a GREAT hiding place. Three of four kittens can camp out together inside a twin 12! A string-change is an exciting time, as the loose ends of old and new strings bobbing around in the air are just begging to be pounced upon.

d

• Members

Our cat used to run straight for an open guitar case.

Yep, mine does this. He's pretty good about not knocking any of them over in the stand though. I always have 4 on a stand at a time, and I haven't come home to any damage...yet. When I start playing, he always comes in to check it out...often jumping on top of the amp threatening to knock over my beer.

• Members

I'm severely allergic to cats....so if I saw a cat near my gear....I'd probably stomp the fuck out of it.

Man!! Ill have to make a note never to piss you off. :idea: You are badass enough to take on a wild vicious housecat and "stomp the fuck out of it"?

.... pretty scary stuff, dude.:eek:

Pretty scary.:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

• Members

Willie usually approves of my guitars........

Image6-2.jpg

Even my cats would aprove of your guitars :thu:

Btw, how many cat owners here leave their guitars in stands while the cat is around. I know they are very graceful and all, but one of my old cats killed my first acoustic guitar in a failed jump attempt, maybe a rare acurrance but still, I don't let my cats or any other pet into my guitar room anymore just in case. :eek:

• Members

I no longer own a cat for about a month now. It will be the last time my car paint is all scratched up,a new Harley seat tore up. Cat's are cool but I haven't met 1 worth a $3K paint job let alone the few cars they have screwed up here. I have to have my Cadillac hood resprayed now:mad:

• Members

I never leave my cases open for more than a few seconds, cause if I even blink there will be a cat in it. They should sell them at pet stores as cat beds...

My cats have also discovered how awesome it is to chew the foam and rubber on my stands :facepalm:

I have two cats, one seems to bolt as soon as I plug the guitar in- he knows whats coming- and the other doesnt seem to notice- except when I practice the beginning solo for Metallica's Fade to Black, he sings along with the high notes.

I used to notice that my cats would show up when I "played" the piano, but not so much with the guitars.

• Members

I no longer own a cat for about a month now. It will be the last time my car paint is all scratched up,a new Harley seat tore up. Cat's are cool but I haven't met 1 worth a $3K paint job let alone the few cars they have screwed up here. I have to have my Cadillac hood resprayed now:mad:

Now, I think what you had there was bobcat....

Archived