Road whores (Roadstar love inside)

jjpistols

• Members

I am not an Ibanez fan by any means and think the latest crop of RGs are pure garbage. But, an old Roadstar -- man they have been peaking my interest of late as well. I like the one's Mazi has -- I do want a one pickup guitar for the stable, may have to start bidding on a few. A two pup model is fine, just some variety in the collection, the one puppers are appealing. So what are the best years to be looking at???

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by The Eristic

See sig regarding dogs. ;^)

I recently sold this Proline, which was like an uber-Roadstar:

What's the nut width(s) on your Roadstars, guys? One of my friends and I are going to start up an old school hardcore punk band, and an old Roadstar would be perfect for it, as far as looks, sound, and overall vibe go.

1 5/8"

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I am not an Ibanez fan by any means and think the latest crop of RGs are pure garbage. But, an old Roadstar -- man they have been peaking my interest of late as well. I like the one's Mazi has -- I do want a one pickup guitar for the stable, may have to start bidding on a few. A two pup model is fine, just some variety in the collection, the one puppers are appealing. So what are the best years to be looking at???

I would try to stick with mid to late 83 and later. The early 83 models had the more vintage neck radius of 7.25 and 21 frets and later on they flattened the radius and added a 22nd fret.

Any other choice would pretty much have to do with what bridge design you prefer, as it changed every year. You just need to decide if you want a more vintage style trem, or a more floyd like locking trem.

• Members

Here's mine.

ibanez.jpg

$170 or so with HSC. I'm not sure how it's going to end up. Right now it has GFS reverse staggers. I think I'm going to put a super distortion or something like that in the bridge. I used to have an old Roadstar bass. I kinda "borrowed" it, and uh... nevermind. Not one of my prouder moments. Wish I still had it though.

• Members

Originally posted by Valiant100

Here's mine.

ibanez.jpg

$170 or so with HSC. I'm not sure how it's going to end up. Right now it has GFS reverse staggers. I think I'm going to put a super distortion or something like that in the bridge. I used to have an old Roadstar bass. I kinda "borrowed" it, and uh... nevermind. Not one of my prouder moments. Wish I still had it though.

that's awesome, the strap is perfect! :thu:

I think we got enough to people to start a Roadstar/Roadster gang

who wants to be a Roadwhore? :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

that's awesome, the strap is perfect!
:thu:

I think we got enough to people to start a Roadstar/Roadster gang

who wants to be a Roadwhore?
:thu:

Can we get cool hats? :idea:

I'm in (as soon as mine gets here :mad: )

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

1983 Ibanez Roadstar II RS315 Marine Burst - the Maxon made V2 pickup on this guitar is amazing. I already bought another to stick in another guitar.

Ibanez_Roadstar_II_RS315MS_1.jpg

Ibanez_Roadstar_II_RS315MS_2.jpg

Everytime i see this roadster, it makes me turn to oozee:love: :thu:

• Members

I have an old Ibanez Roadstar II from who knows when. I got it from a pawn shop for like $180.00 in the late 1980's.

It is whire with a rosewood neck. There are a couple of chips in the finish and I use a drywall screw for the strap pins. MIJ

It has a fantastic neck, frets, and bridge.

I didn't like the pickups too much (both humbuckers) so I replaced them with a DiMarzios. can't remember which ones through the ether of time though.

Hell of a guitar.

• Members

Here's the Roadstar's older brother (said in a whiny "please let me in the group" voice):

The Blazer!!!

Blazer.jpg

Blazer2.jpg

This has the neck to JJ's black one on it! Still might get a tele neck and send this to JJ.

HRT.jpg

:thu: Please don't tell my friends I was spotted wearing Birk's. That is soooo uncool. Just kidding, it's my hippy luthier friend.:eek:

Archived