Road whores (Roadstar love inside)

jjpistols

• Members

these pics suck, but Mazi will make up for it soon - mine are both Frankensteins with Roadstar bodies, so I'm not quite pure, I suppose - lets see 'em and hear stories

HQ3130.jpg

dog.jpg

HQ4.jpg

rs2.jpg

the flame top is like Darkmetl's, same model as Mazi's blue

the Lynott looking one is a CrackerD ex - the neck is keeping a tele alive

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by The Eristic

Nice dog. :^D

:D - I forgot about that picture til I stumbled on it again yesterday, and put the whole series in a thread - it makes me laugh when I see it, so I'll probably post it a lot for awhile :wave:

• Members

What is that neck on the black one? there was a pink one on e-bay the other day i had some temorary gas for but im broke. It was like $175. it didnt look to bad from the pictures.

I like the neck on the black one jj has though. Wouldnt be a bad guitar with a headstock like that.

• Members

1983 Ibanez Roadstar II RS315 Marine Burst - the Maxon made V2 pickup on this guitar is amazing. I already bought another to stick in another guitar.

Ibanez_Roadstar_II_RS315MS_1.jpg

Ibanez_Roadstar_II_RS315MS_2.jpg

1986 RG450 Roadstar II Deluxe - first year the Ibanez Edge trem was introduced.

Ibanez_RoadstarII_RG450BK.jpg

1985 RS410 Ivory - this color is rare and was only offered on this model, and only a few hundred were made.

Ibanez_Roadstar2_RS410_01.jpg

Ibanez_Roadstar2_RS410_02.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

What is that neck on the black one? there was a pink one on e-bay the other day i had some temorary gas for but im broke. It was like $175. it didnt look to bad from the pictures.

I like the neck on the black one jj has though. Wouldnt be a bad guitar with a headstock like that.

that's from an Epi Slasher - I've got to come up with some kind of shim for the sides of the neck pocket, though - when it sits "straight" in the middle, the low E runs off the board

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

well it's about {censored}in time, Mazi! I was getting ready to post them for ya
:D

just spent a few minutes rippin' on the flamey one - that guitar is so great, I wonder how the stock neck was, though

:D

I love the neck on mine. It's a little bit thinner than a standard C strat shape, and super comfortable. The frets on mine are shot though and I had to raise the action to compensate. Thinking about getting a refret

• Members

Would be cool if the Ivory had the edge on it. I like the shape of those better. That thick pointed horn looks kinda cool.

Can you post some close ups of the bridge on the ivory one? It looks very edge ish.

They were certainly making progress when they came out with this bridge, definately an improvement over the previous version and it does perform well. But the edge is a huge leap from this one, vastly superior.

This trem has great tone though. This guitar is really loud and acoustic-like when unplugged.

Ibanez_Roadstar2_RS410_04.jpg

• Members

Oh i see the fine tuners now, i wasnt sure how it worked. I like the way it locks in the back better then the edge.

What do the phillips head screws do? are they the string locks? if so what are the black rods in the back with the flat head slot? weird desin but its cool they tried to design their own stuff.

Are the posts spaced the same on the ivory one as the edge? could an edge be put on the ivory one without plugging the holes and redrilling? They look like the same posts as the edge.

• Members

Oh i see the fine tuners now, i wasnt sure how it worked. I like the way it locks in the back better then the edge.

What do the phillips head screws do? are they the string locks? if so what are the black rods in the back with the flat head slot? weird desin but its cool they tried to design their own stuff.

Are the posts spaced the same on the ivory one as the edge? could an edge be put on the ivory one without plugging the holes and redrilling? They look like the same posts as the edge.

The phillip heads are the string locks, and the flat head screws in the back are the intonation screws. And no, the post spacing is totally different than the Edge. You'd have to plug the holes and redrill news one to install an Edge.

• Moderators

Originally posted by jjpistols

hell yeah they do!

but how come nobody is posting pics of Roadstars?

See sig regarding dogs. ;^)

I recently sold this Proline, which was like an uber-Roadstar:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/112416336/1188431199049709270tigMEG

What's the nut width(s) on your Roadstars, guys? One of my friends and I are going to start up an old school hardcore punk band, and an old Roadstar would be perfect for it, as far as looks, sound, and overall vibe go.

Archived