Road whores (Roadstar love inside)

jjpistols

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one. It was my first guitar. My dad took me to the local rental shop to rent me a guitar in 1984. I picked the Ibanez because it was the only black one in the shop. After my parents realized I was going to keep playing and not quit they bought it for me for my birthday. I played it all through highschool in punkrock/hardcore bands. It's been thrown, stood on, and smashed around, but is still in pretty good shape. It plays well and sounds pretty good. I have it tuned to d and play metal and stonerrock stuff with it. I have 6 guitars now and the Ibanez is my 2nd go to guitar. SG is number 1.
ibanez_front.jpg
Also, it was new when I rented it. I took the plastic off the pickups.

• Members
Originally posted by RamaLama Fafafa

I have one. It was my first guitar. My dad took me to the local rental shop to rent me a guitar in 1984. I picked the Ibanez because it was the only black one in the shop. After my parents realized I was going to keep playing and not quit they bought it for me for my birthday. I played it all through highschool in punkrock/hardcore bands. It's been thrown, stood on, and smashed around, but is still in pretty good shape. It plays well and sounds pretty good. I have it tuned to d and play metal and stonerrock stuff with it. I have 6 guitars now and the Ibanez is my 2nd go to guitar. SG is number 1.

ibanez_front.jpg
Also, it was new when I rented it. I took the plastic off the pickups.

you rule. my black 335 is in the shop for it's first real setup :idea:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Question about pup replacements.

Ok so I was thinking about an emg 89. This would let me make use of the pushpull pot and make the roadstar more versatile. I have a few questions though. Without a tone pot, do you think it would be too trebley? Also, think the emg would sound nice clean through my blues junior? The main reason I bought the roadstar was so I could have a more metal orientated axe, but it'd be great if I could pull of a killer clean as well.

• Members
Originally posted by aussy

Question about pup replacements.

Ok so I was thinking about an emg 89. This would let me make use of the pushpull pot and make the roadstar more versatile. I have a few questions though. Without a tone pot, do you think it would be too trebley? Also, think the emg would sound nice clean through my blues junior? The main reason I bought the roadstar was so I could have a more metal orientated axe, but it'd be great if I could pull of a killer clean as well.

Dont know about the EMG but i put a Duncan 59 in my 440 and it works great with the coil tap in the bridge position.:thu:

Archived