Road whores (Roadstar love inside)

jjpistols

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

...I have joined the club ! Got a '86 RG120 with two splitable humbuckers. The guitar sounds great, it sings very beautifully. It does not look that great - the finish is somewhat poor, very straight-forward. I would like to pimp it up somehow. Maybe getting pickup rings or pickup covers... Any ideas ?

• Members
Originally posted by wro

...I have joined the club ! Got a '86 RG120 with two splitable humbuckers. The guitar sounds great, it sings very beautifully. It does not look that great - the finish is somewhat poor, very straight-forward. I would like to pimp it up somehow. Maybe getting pickup rings or pickup covers... Any ideas ?

I think it looks kick ass like that :thu:

• Members

Yes, it does not look that bad, but it could be better.
I personally dislike the way many roadstar modells look like, and that kept me away from the whole serie for some time. Fortunatelly not for ever ! :-)

I'll post some more pics when I have some time.

• Members

wro: keep 'er stock, but if you're set on making some changes may I suggest a white pickguard & plastic bits? that headstock is the shiznit.

dimmypage: you may or may not blow your load after listening to that fat single coil. I love mine. You gotta post some pics.

• Members
Originally posted by stanfield

wro: keep 'er stock, but if you're set on making some changes may I suggest a white pickguard & plastic bits? that headstock is the shiznit.

dimmypage: you may or may not blow your load after listening to that fat single coil. I love mine. You gotta post some pics.

The new RS335 should be here soon!!:wave: but its on the weird side due to the fact that the top is walnut.The pics that I saw werent all so clear so this is a bit of gamble:confused: However I may consider a lipstick in the neck position but we'll see how the neck pickup is wich is a DiMarzio.The Bridge ia a Duncan but I dont know wich model.

• Members
Originally posted by RUExp?

Here's Hondo Formula 1 Roadstar copy I bought on ebay. It was listed as a PRS copy!

I've since put a tinted maple/maple neck on it that matches the body really well. Oh yeah, it's solid ash.

Hondo

That looks very nice! :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by stanfield

I'll keep the pickguard. The headstock does not look great but I think I am getting used to it. I've already done something to it, did you see ? :)

I do feel like placing pickup covers and rings, but I still have to look at it with patience and search for the right parts.

Buying guitars on ebay without testing is always a matter of gamble. After buying a strap I noticed that one strap pin was loose. When I turned the guitar to check it the volume-knob fell down. :-/

Oh, yeah... smalls issue I'll have to fix. Let's work ! :-)

• 1 month later...

Archived