This is one crazy fretboard.

tiltsta

• Members

Interesting idea to have extra room. I could see it being useful for vibrato techniques that move the string in both directions from it's resting point. Makes more sense to have it the whole way down though.

Agreed on both counts.

Wouldn't help me a bit for bends as I bend up on the higher strings. For wide sweeping vibrato, I can see the extension being more beneficial.

• Members

I prefer my strings to be straight. Bent strings suck tone :lol:

This kinda seems like one of those solutions looking for a problem. Of all the things I ever wished for on a guitar, I can honestly say this one never crossed my mind.

Wouldn't mind trying it out though. Don't want to be the guy who said "that whole computer business will never amount to anything."

EG

• Members

could be a cool idea if you were into bending high strings while keeping the lower strings playing. Really could open up a lot of territory, but too many people are afraid of having a guitar that doesnt look like everybody elses.

This is the idea I guess. Bend the first the other way and play with 2nd and 3rd open strings. I imagine there are some passages that way that couldn't normally be had.

• Members
That's a wonderful solution for bad technique, instead of actually learning to bend away from the ends of the fretboard, like any normal human would reason to do.

It could open up some interesting bending techniques though ala this guy. :cool:

Doing something different isn't always bad technique bro.

[YOUTUBE]TJaSZxZJFV0[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Wow. This is the strangest idea I have ever seen in neck design in a while. It is supposed to give you more bending room in the upper register. Looks like it would be uncomfortable to play.

large-VL-Neck-for-Strat-02.jpg

Looks like crap & I'd imagine it to be very uncomfortable. I don't even bend the little "e" that way; it goes toward the middle of the fingerboard.

• Members
I don't get it...what is this suppose to fix or make easier?

String bending has to be one of the easiest techniques in the world to do...seriously, people can't bend very well at the upper registers? I don't get what this fretboard is suppose to do for you.
:idk:

You get to bend 'ta other way! You normally bend the first string into the second. This allows you to bend away from it and allow for some fussing on the open 2nd and 3rd you normally wouldn't.

Archived