I just pissed of Pink Floyd Management

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

I had this on Ebay

gilstrat2.jpg

and just got this:

"Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, your item(s) breached one or more of our policies and had to be removed from the site. Any associated fees have been credited to your account and any bidders on this item have been notified.

150391908487 - Fender Stratocaster Classic 50s - ala David Gilmour

because Pink Floyd Management reported it to us for violating their intellectual property rights. When eBay is notified by a rights owner of an intellectual property rights infringement, eBay must remove the item in order to meet certain legal requirements. "

I'm goin home to burn all me Floyd stuff;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a standard response from Ebay.

I had the same thing selling a Led Zeppelin bootleg picture disk (album).

PF's mgmt (and David Gilmour) are under contract from Fender for his signature guitar.

You didn't piss anyone off, they're just pursuing their legal interests (this time with Fender).

BTW, that's the first time I have heard of Ebay naming WHO reported it.

Don't worry about it. Just relist and remove the reference.

• Members

I wonder at what point bands go from "man, if I only had some fans and people would buy my album" to "how dare they mention my name and not pay me"?

AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, etc. have been profiteering douchebags for a while now. And don't get me wrong, all three of those are favorite bands of mine.

I'd relist it and do what big companies do. HINT that some big artists use a guitar just like that and one of 'em isn't PINK and his name ain't FLOYD. In fact, it's DAVID something or other and he likes the GILMOUR girls.

-Mc

• Members

List it as, "This is not a David Gilmour strat even though it looks like one." The facts are stated and the reference is made.

Only douchebags list their items that way.

NOT Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Ibanez, Boss. . . . . and so on.

So a big fat fat {censored} YOU to anyone who lists items with that bull{censored}.

• Members

Only douchebags list their items that way.

NOT
Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Ibanez, Boss. . . . . and so on.

So a big fat fat {censored} YOU to anyone who lists items with that bull{censored}.

I hate that too, but in this case it's kind of appropriate.

It does bring up another idea though. You could include something authentic like a David Gilmour pick or a t-shirt or something; plenty of assholes selling firewood grade guitars with Gibson picks or strings on e-Bay.

• Members

Fender and Pink Floyd/David Gilmour has a Signature model guitar. You where infringing on their copyright and eBay did what they had to do. Complaining about it is useless.

I am quite sure Gilmour and Floyd know nothing about your auction and that is a standard legal crap agreed upon by eBay and the artist.

• Members

Fender and Pink Floyd/David Gilmour has a Signature model guitar. You where infringing on their copyright and eBay did what they had to do. Complaining about it is useless.

I am quite sure Gilmour and Floyd know nothing about your auction and that is a standard legal crap agreed upon by eBay and the artist.

I am not 100% sure about whether e-Bay really polices the crap out of their auctions to that point, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if Fender or Pink Floyd had employees somewhere that did searches and crap on places like e-Bay and then report activity that they feel infringes on their copyrights.

I do find it rather silly though that you can't list something accurately. I mean if I painted a picture of the Mona Lisa would she sue me? It's an homage to the original and chances are that if someone was in the market for the original that they would pass on this listing. If someone is just looking for a black strat that looks like the 'man's' then they probably aren't going to fork out $4000 for the real deal.

I do understand the issue using the name, but I mean anyone that looks at that strat is going to know what the hell is up with it. If they don't then putting Gilmore's name on it wouldn't mean {censored} to them anyway.

On a side note I had a listing cancelled because I said that something was 'like new' in the header. Considering it was a week old I thought that it was an accurate assessment. So I relisted it and misspelled the word 'new' as many different ways that I could.

• Moderators

I am not 100% sure about whether e-Bay really polices the crap out of their auctions to that point, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if Fender or Pink Floyd had employees somewhere that did searches and crap on places like e-Bay and then report activity that they feel infringes on their copyrights.

Her name is Emma:

"..Unless clear evidence is provided to the contrary we do not believe this to be authorized by the artist and/or the respective rights holders. Please cease all auctions of this item or any similar that you may possess.

Pink Floyd Office

Questions about the specific violation should be addressed to Pink Floyd Management

You can send an email to: emma@onefifteen.com"

Archived