I just pissed of Pink Floyd Management

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would be proud to receive an email stating that I'd pissed off Pink Floyd management! I'd probably frame a print of that email. :D

Personally, I think that keyword fishing is crucial to getting a good price. Therefore, I do whatever I can to put the words I think will get searched into my title. I've had a few listings canceled. Yet, somehow, I've always managed to relist my items with only minor changes to the wording. :thu:

• Members

I am not 100% sure about whether e-Bay really polices the crap out of their auctions to that point, but it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if Fender or Pink Floyd had employees somewhere that did searches and crap on places like e-Bay and then report activity that they feel infringes on their copyrights..

You can programmatically do it if you saw fit but I bet someone saw it and reported it. eBay will delete any add they feels has a copyright infringement even if it might not.

• Members

It's probably out of their control after signing a contract.

Probably...but that still doesn't change the fact that its going way over board. Protecting intellectual property my ass. It's just a reflection of how overly paranoid the industry has become. If anything an add like that is going to promote Gilmour and Pink Floyd. People will see that and want to know more..maybe check out his work. Hell maybe even love it so much they go out and buy a REAL gilmour strat. NOBODY is confusing that strat for a real Gilmour strat. Therefore fender and Gilmour are losing nothing....only gaining PR. But they are to {censored}ing stupid to see it.

• Members

Probably...but that still doesn't change the fact that its going way over board. Protecting intellectual property my ass. It's just a reflection of how overly paranoid the industry has become. If anything an add like that is going to promote Gilmour and Pink Floyd. People will see that and want to know more..maybe check out his work. Hell maybe even love it so much they go out and buy a REAL gilmour strat. NOBODY is confusing that strat for a real Gilmour strat. Therefore fender and Gilmour are losing nothing....only gaining PR. But they are to {censored}ing stupid to see it.

Tell it to the record execs. They probably have bots that scan ebay for {censored} like that and generate an automatic report to ebay.

• Members

I think it is fair to list a guitar that looks like Gilmour's as "resembles Gilmour's guitar" or somesuch. You're not faking anything -- and it definitely resembles the guitar in question.

Perhaps a way around it would be to misspell "Gilmour" as "Gilmore" or something to fool the bots. Anybody who cares will know what you mean.

• Members

Tell it to the record execs. They probably have bots that scan ebay for {censored} like that and generate an automatic report to ebay.

and that's why I don't give a {censored} about their "intellectual property" when their intellectual property is crawling up inside everyone's assholes. People should support musicians and even record companies to an extent that they do the job they are suppose to do...but {censored} em for {censored} like this. There can be no creativity in art if everyone is trying to hoard ideas.

• Moderators

OK, listed again

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150392809880#ht_1123wt_1166

The irritating thing is that the guitar sold about 2 hours before they pulled the listing, and they also pulled the sale, and removed the Paypal funds

I used the word "{censored}!!" a lot yesterday, but hey...it's cool;)

Archived