November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No kidding.. this is ridiculous. There's like 10 posts talking about this guitar for every 1 post that has a deal in it. Go cry someplace else.

So which is worse, people whining about the Wechter deal, or people whining about people whining about the Wechter deal?

And after no one had posted anything on the topic for an hour, why bring it up again? :cop:

• Members
So which is worse, people whining about the Wechter deal, or people whining about people whining about the Wechter deal?

And after no one had posted anything on the top for an hour, why bring it up again?
:cop:

Seeing that there's 50 times more posts talking about that guitar vs. the one I made (now two), I'd say it's the other posts. And I posted because I just had to read through post after post after post after post of discussions about this guitar to check on deals AFTER people have been told to take the chit chat elsewhere.

So as to not continue to contribute to the CF of a derailment this thread has turned into, Amazon again as the PRS SE Custom 22 for $399

http://www.amazon.com/PRS-Custom-Tobacco-Sunburst-Stoptail/dp/B002LE8JOM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1259353301&sr=8-3

• Members

Jesus - I've had this happen at least five times on "STOTD" from MF, and you don't see me crying about it. WTF are you all whinging about? It's not like they took your {censored}ing money and kept it. So you didn't get a guitar at a stellar price. What are they supposed to do - give you a Martin D28 for the same price???

crying_baby.jpg

• Members

havenbt been on HCEG in a while (anyone miss me?) but logged in so I can post this..

Charvel San Dimas style 2's are being blown out for around $650.. check with your local dealers (or websites).

here's one online store, which also happens to be selling some socals / san dimas style 1's for cheap too:

http://shop.dextermusiccenter.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=227&filter_id=411

I actually confirmed with them on wednesday that the prices are correct.

Good luck! And stop bitching about dead wechter deals - that ship has sailed! :cop:

• Members
Peavey JSX Mini Colossal a good deal at $299?

Actually $269 with the MF 10% off.

I know they were $499 at one time, but I really haven't heard much about them good or bad...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-JSX-Mini-Colossal-Guitar-Amp?sku=480777

I've always been interested in that amp.
Tremolo :confused:

MF sometimes makes me laugh with their added shipping charges on smaller items. This is NOT a big amp.

Note: Due to size and/or weight, shipping is an additional $9.99.

---------------------

I didn't get the Wacker guitar either. I chose not to order it because I need to sell not buy guitars. LOL. It was a great deal for those 5 people though.

Wacker. Wechter. Wacker.

• Members

GREAT. "FANME" couple at music 123 works on the LP studio I was interested in this morning....but now...no go ? WTF ? Said good til November 30th. Guess no LP studio for me today. Guess I should have jumped this AM. Grrrr....

Was that a coupon? If so, just try UPROMISE. It'll work for 15% off.

• Members

Hi, I'm John Grabowski, Director of Purchasing at Sweetwater. Not to derail the November Deals thread further (I'll be happy to move to a new thread if necessary, or maybe the December Deals thread can get started early).

I sincerely apologize for the Wechter guitar mishap. We'd intentionally put together an awesome Black Friday deal on this guitar, but we didn't realize the orders would come in so quickly that our website's stock status wouldn't get it taken down soon enough.

The mechanics of our website & order process are probably a bit more involved than some of you think. Our website has visibility into our inventory, but we actually use humans to assess the orders and to, among other things, weed out all the fraudulent and/or bogus ones that would reserve stock that really should be available for sale to legitimate customers. On a normal business day we're all here to manage it, but since yesterday was Thanksgiving, we were eating turkey and watching football. In hindsight it looks like we should have set this one up a little differently (or maybe we sold them too cheap?!).

Anyway, lesson learned on our part - we're working on ways to make sure this doesn't happen again. Hopefully those of you who didn't get one of these Wechter guitars can work something out with your Sales Engineer. We'll do all we can to earn your business and make it up to you. Unfortunately, the guitar in question really is sold out at this point, but we'll try to do something for you.

• Members
GREAT. "FANME" couple at music 123 works on the LP studio I was interested in this morning....but now...no go ? WTF ? Said good til November 30th. Guess no LP studio for me today. Guess I should have jumped this AM. Grrrr....

Call GuitarCenter-online, they have a coupon code TURKEY which is good for 20% off orders over 500. Says gibson is excluded but they will most likely give it to you. I spoke to someone there who said they'd honor it on call-in orders. Also try calling sweetwater and see if they'll match it.

And if neither of those work, what Succor said will. Use UPROMISE at M123 for 15% off pretty much anything.

Now go buy that LP studio! I just ordered one earlier! :thu:

• Members
Hi, I'm John Grabowski, Director of Purchasing at Sweetwater. Not to derail the November Deals thread further (I'll be happy to move to a new thread if necessary, or maybe the December Deals thread can get started early).

I sincerely apologize for the Wechter guitar mishap. We'd intentionally put together an awesome Black Friday deal on this guitar, but we didn't realize the orders would come in so quickly that our website's stock status wouldn't get it taken down soon enough.

The mechanics of our website & order process are probably a bit more involved than some of you think. Our website has visibility into our inventory, but we actually use humans to assess the orders and to, among other things, weed out all the fraudulent and/or bogus ones that would reserve stock that really should be available for sale to legitimate customers. On a normal business day we're all here to manage it, but since yesterday was Thanksgiving, we were eating turkey and watching football. In hindsight it looks like we should have set this one up a little differently (or maybe we sold them too cheap?!).

Anyway, lesson learned on our part - we're working on ways to make sure this doesn't happen again. Hopefully those of you who didn't get one of these Wechter guitars can work something out with your Sales Engineer. We'll do all we can to earn your business and make it up to you. Unfortunately, the guitar in question really is sold out at this point, but we'll try to do something for you.

You can never sell something too cheap!!!!!!! :D

• Members

WE FOUND HIM!! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!! :: pitchfork ::

actually I wouldn't worry about it, like I said already, {censored} happens.

and don't listen to the people who cry about the non-deal replies, if that's their biggest problem then their lives kick ass!

• Members

Les paul Standard for $150.00 would make me all warm and fuzzy....how bout it...christmas is just around the corner?????:thu:

• Members

There is no excuse in this day and age for an order entry system to accept "bogus" orders and an inventory control system to not accurately handle on hand quantities.

• Members

There is no excuse in this day and age for an order entry system to accept "bogus" orders and an inventory control system to not accurately handle on hand quantities.

Same {censored} happens if you order from MF/GC/M123, etc. Once they have your credit card info, there is a manual verification process they have to do before your order is approved to be processed.

If you've got an automated system that does this, maybe you should share it with Sweetwater, MF, GC, etc. so we don't have to have a repeat of all this whining in the future...

• Members

seriously... you tried to buy something that was a really hot deal, and your order was reversed due to stock running out... THIS HAPPENS, PEOPLE.. it's not the holocaust.. I wasn't even mad, really, I felt relieved that I no longer had the burden of it on my head (I have to follow any hot deal like that).

• Members

seriously... you tried to buy something that was a really hot deal, and your order was reversed due to stock running out... THIS HAPPENS, PEOPLE.. it's not the holocaust.. I wasn't even mad, really, I felt relieved that I no longer had the burden of it on my head (I have to follow any hot deal like that).

The issue is the lack of real time inventory, or even kind-of-real time inventory. There's no excuse for an item that apparently sold out before 12 noon est being available for purchase as late as 8pm est. Sorry, eating Thanksgiving turkey is not a legitimate excuse if you're running an online company, especially if you are supposedly offering Black Friday deals.

I'm moving on, because there's nothing else to do, but I'll add this:

I've never actually ordered from Sweetwater before this--I never really thought they offered anything to drag me away from the GuitarCenter complex, SamAsh and Daddys (and occasionally AMS). After this, I believe I was right...

Sh*t happens. But when it happens on my first order, I'll think long and hard before I bother with a second...So it goes...

Archived