November Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}....I ordered mine at about 8:30 EST, about 5 minutes before they disappeared from the website. I guess I should be expecting a call any minute now. If I do get that call, I'm gonna hit them hard for a kick ass deal on a gibson LP studio. I can get 20% off from GC-online. Maybe they'll beat it.

• Members

I got F'cked by sweetwater as well....just called them and the dude says they had about 5 of those guitars....looks like they are discontinued..yada yada.....sucked off how they take your fricken order...they need a better tracking system!

• Members

All you jerkies who got the Wechter from Sweetwater should be patting yourselves on the back; I have their jumbo elite and it's a glorious guitar at $500. The plek'd setup blows everything out of the water.

I can't believe I missed out on it even if they had 5 of them; I've referred over 25,000 dollars of business to my Sweetwater rep, but they shafted their loyal customers on this one by not at least sending out an email featuring the deal. This is the first time I've had something bad to say about Sweetwater, or ever heard anybody have anything bad to say about them. It's an anomoly; they'll still be my go-to store for everything. You know they guarantee all cables for life, with free replacement?

• Members

If somebody wants a Sam Totman Iceman, Victor Litz has a used one priced at "make an offer", down from $400 during their Labor Day sale. You can see the Labor Day pricing on page 19 of this spreadsheet if they try to tell you that they weren't selling it for $400. Maybe they'd take $399? Call. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:HPzGLHvHgBoJ:www.victorlitz.com/PriceList/VictorLitzMusicCenter_LaborDaySale2009_PriceList.pdf+iceman+totman+site:victorlitz.com&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShK-ia_RU4NpP_dZXsptyz0rEX5gSBCXDSpoRWpo_r4ucOCLckGRDKugL1BP6KrULxDthVLUE3_vgbbAKSaUUc6PSTywUuLMjYY4f3jv7JPRUHGT_00IXlTISkkjejSfkJ04D24&sig=AHIEtbRUdlBimXEmGJ4NUGh7ruGEduiZaA

• Members

did they at least offer you guys a good deal on something else to make up for their cluster{censored}?

I doubt they are going to 'offer' anything since most people just say 'oh well' and move on when these things happen. If you want something for the hassle, you'll probably need to push the envelope a little...

• Members

RE: Wechter 3102 @ Sweetwater. I placed my order yesterday at 10:38 AM CST & got the email confirmation. They continued to sell them for at least 9 hours after that. About 10:30 AM this morning I got a call from Nick at Sweetwater saying they only had 5 guitars with 3 more on back order, but took orders for over 40. He didn't offer any kind of deal that was even half as good in exchange for the screwup.

I realize these things can happen, but it's still lame. This was my first order with Sweetwater. I bet I have placed over a dozen orders with MF & music123 in the past 2 months and never had them pull this BS.

J

• Members
I doubt they are going to 'offer' anything since most people just say 'oh well' and move on when these things happen. If you want something for the hassle, you'll probably need to push the envelope a little...

well, this was my first experience ordering anything from them. I'd say we're not off to a good start. :mad:

and so far they haven't even called me.

• Members

Ordered the guitar from Sweetwater at around 9 am pst yesterday...So far no call. However, I can't pull up status info from their site (they sent me a confirmation email, I am trying to pull up that info using the order # and my zipcode...)

On another note: MFBF is up and working at MusiciansFriend.com

• Members

The Sweetwater deal on the Wechter Guitars Pathmaker Model 3102 was plain BS,A Good retailer would have given us pissed off customers at least something similar for the same price.

Oh well onto other and better retailers.

How hard is it to have an inventory system attached to your site database that counts inventory and sales and pulls the ad?

• Members

How hard is it to have an inventory system attached to your site database that counts inventory and sales and pulls the ad?

Yeah really, how difficult could having an inventory system installed that is linked to the website be... Probably not that difficult in retrospect, I imagine!

• Members
I think you should all get together, grab your torches and pitchforks and storm Sweetwater over this travesty...

Seriously, how many of you even wanted a Wechter 36 hours ago?

+100,000

Jeez, nearly NO ONE had any complaints about Sweetwater before today; it has had a pretty stellar reputation.

I am one of those that will probably lose out on the deal; so what??? You mean to tell me that no other online retailer has had an issue with fulfilling orders on a special deal with a ridiculously low price and limited supply ???

Grow up, people! :rolleyes:

• Members
+100,000

Jeez, nearly NO ONE had any complaints about Sweetwater before today; it has had a pretty stellar reputation.

I am one of those that will probably lose out on the deal; so what??? You mean to tell me that no other online retailer has had an issue with fulfilling orders on a special deal with a ridiculously low price and limited supply ???

Grow up, people!
:rolleyes:

I have a major issue with the fact that they advertised and ACCEPTED orders on this guitar....that had no limited quantity displayed....for almost an entire 24hours AFTER it was sold out completely!

That is just crappy business!

These new things called computers, hell, I hear they even have programs that track inventory??????:rolleyes::facepalm::cop:

Archived