Shamray Washburn Dime Stealth Custom REPLICA/Variation

brad22386

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will say this, as a helpful tip to all:

3) When your cluster{censored} of bad workmanship with strings does arrive, after 6 pages of hyping it up and arguing with professional craftsmen about how much better a hand built instrument is than one that has been routed with CNC, don't go crying to the mods to have them clean up your well-deserved "Told ya so". It makes you look like even more of a tool than your previous overly formatted messages hyping up your FAIL of a guitar.

I have read this thread since it's inception (though I didn't post because I smelled bull{censored}).. and this is EXACTLY my sentiments... This Brad dude is a tool or a troll... or both. Maybe HC can just delete this abomination of a thread and not just a post or two...

• Members

This was why I suggested toning the enthusiasm down before you had it in your hands. Something just didn't seem right and the enthusiasm could never match up to the end product.

And, yes, that fret work is an abomination - and I'm no expert. It's a mess.

Either way, should be a lesson learned on both ends. OP, a little maturity is in order on a number of levels. Also, you need to learn the fine art of covering your ass in, especially, financial situations.

For the rest of the HC viewing folk, looks like Shamray has the word SHAM in it for a reason. They are clearly not a shop to do business with, given the {censored} work.

• Members

I have read this thread since it's inception (though I didn't post because I smelled bull{censored}).. and this is EXACTLY my sentiments... This Brad dude is a tool or a troll... or both. Maybe HC can just delete this abomination of a thread and not just a post or two...

I just wanted to share my build pics with the forum and now I want to expose Scramay as the conn artists that they are and for good reason. No need to be an A-hole, if you don't like this thread then don't read it and don't post on it. Why go out of your way to be just another predictable forum douche seeing as this thread has nothing to do with you in any way. Its easy to be a rude SOB on the internet and get away with it isn't it.. :thu:

• Members

This was why I suggested toning the enthusiasm down before you had it in your hands. Something just didn't seem right and the enthusiasm could never match up to the end product.

And, yes, that fret work is an abomination - and I'm no expert. It's a mess.

Either way, should be a lesson learned on both ends. OP, a little maturity is in order on a number of levels. Also, you need to learn the fine art of covering your ass in, especially, financial situations.

For the rest of the HC viewing folk, looks like Shamray has the word SHAM in it for a reason. They are clearly not a shop to do business with, given the {censored} work.

I'll own up to my BS, I'm not a fool but I sure have been--> a fool.

Like I said earlier, they seem to have held my Axe in their shop for no reason in the last two weeks after it was completed in order to push it past the 45 day dead line to get my money back thru paypal. Its very obvious that they most likely very much knew I would be very unhappy with the guitar before they even shipped it thus they held it so I couldn't get my money back..

Its just sad.

Scamwow indeed.

• Members

I just wanted to share my build pics with the forum and now I want to expose Scramay as the conn artists that they are and for good reason. No need to be an A-hole, if you don't like this thread then don't read it and don't post on it. Why go out of your way to be just another predictable forum douche seeing as this thread has nothing to do with you in any way. Its easy to be a rude SOB on the internet and get away with it isn't it..
:thu:

Predictable forum douche?? Like this thread didn't have fail written all over it from the beginning? You are the type of poster that keeps me from comiung here much anymnore

Trust me.. I was hoping it didn't end the way it did for you... you got screwed and I feel bad for you. But review how you came across in your posting throughout the thread...

I am glad to see that you changed the First post in the thread so that someone researching the company didn't have to read the entire thread (though page 7 you referred to is subject to how their browser is set up).

Sorry to see that it all ends up in the {censored}ter...

• Members

Sorry you got stung mate, that's no way to send a guitar out.

There really isn't any excuse for the headstock mistake, that's just poor marking out and attention to detail. I imagine it was routed with a template so can't imagine how it ended up so bad.

Frets are bad, although I think the board may have shrunk due to change in climate.

I wouldn't have gone through paypal tho, that was an error.

• Members

I monitored the whole situation all the way down. It's been a sort of interesting to me what's the hell Shamray' fellows want from them western customers? I didn't think that would be money and onle that. Maybe, their goal was to establish themselves as global luthiers and then... come down into their own Russian market as Gods?... Sort of.

OK, if that was the reason they took on the wrong angle. Brad was overly enthusiastic about this horrid shaped axe and it smelled wrong somehow. I started my own tread at Shamray forum trying to get more info. Shamray press people were silent all the way down.

But when it dawned on them that from the very beginning Brad's intentions were - to get a customshop axe for a few hundreds and squeese the luthier for the rest of it, - so they started to talk back.

Use your google translation services and see it fo yourself.

http://www.musicforums.ru/shamray/browse_thread.php?bn=mfor_shamray&thread=1252249849&replies=74

I suppose that nothing is ideal, but I wouldn't say it comes only for one of the opponents. Especially when it was a frame up from the very beginning.

• Members

I monitored the whole situation all the way down. It's been a sort of interesting to me what's the hell Shamray' fellows want from them western customers? I didn't think that would be money and onle that. Maybe, their goal was to establish themselves as global luthiers and then... come down into their own Russian market as Gods?... Sort of.

OK, if that was the reason they took on the wrong angle. Brad was overly enthusiastic about this horrid shaped axe and it smelled wrong somehow. I started my own tread at Shamray forum trying to get more info. Shamray press people were silent all the way down.

But when it dawned on them that from the very beginning Brad's intentions were - to get a customshop axe for a few hundreds and squeese the luthier for the rest of it, - so they started to talk back.

Use your google translation services and see it fo yourself.

I suppose that nothing is ideal, but I wouldn't say it comes only for one of the opponents. Especially when it was a frame up from the very beginning.

Squeeze the luthier for the rest? The "luthier" set the price and should have adjusted it as the work changed. I don't know the details of this transaction, nor do I care to be educated on them, but I do know that if Shamray's chosen American repesentative as of about 3 years ago is any indication they're all a bunch of stinking, rotten cheats. I considered them for a guitar build once, but after seeing their work and interacting with a guy on Guitar.com that went by the handle "rockandroller", there is no way in hell I'd give them a dime of my money.

• Members

LOL...so am I the only one who is on Michael's side (the customer service rep)?

Here was my theory that Brad planned to trick Shamray beforehand by forging templates and blackmailing them later.

I'm removing it because the template on the Shamray site seems to match local ones closely. Horns look symmetrical on the templates. Frets are made of stainless steel and are hard to install, so I can imagine it could result in a disaster after all.

They should not list that option if they are not sure.

Blackmailing is still no good of course.

• Members

Here was my theory that Brad planned to trick Shamray beforehand by forging templates and blackmailing them later.

I'm removing it because the template on the Shamray site seems to match local ones closely. Horns look symmetrical on the templates. Frets are made of stainless steel and are hard to install, so I can imagine it could result in a disaster after all.

Blackmailing is still no good of course.

Just out of curiosity... who are you?

• Members

Just out of curiosity... who are you?

A Shamray customer from Russia. I'm waiting for my guitar to be done (hence my interest). Brad has made a lot of noise of this (and it really started to look shady).

What I've seen from Shamray till now were fine instruments - I didn't expect to see such a rough fretboard.

• Members

Frets are made of stainless steel and are hard to install, so I can imagine it could result in a disaster after all.

Er, any custom shop would or should not have any issue installing stainless steel frets. Same rules apply surely.

• Members

A Shamray customer from Russia. I'm waiting for my guitar to be done (hence my interest). Brad has made a lot of noise of this (and it really started to look shady).

What I've seen from Shamray till now were fine instruments - I didn't expect to see such a rough fretboard.

Might want to withhold picking sides in this {censored} slinging match 'till you see how your guitar turns out.

• Members
  • Members

Now he is trying to sell it without even mentioning the flaws!

I can imagine the poor, poor soul who gets fooled into buying this guitar...especially when he realizes he's got Adolf's WORLD FAMOUS guitar! That would be an epic facepalm moment...Brad, you've gone off the deep end trying to sell this thing without full disclosure. Sad.

Archived