Shamray Washburn Dime Stealth Custom REPLICA/Variation

brad22386

• Members

My Custom WASHBURN 3ST USA DIME Stealth REPLICA is A DISASTER!!!

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN EDITED FOR GOOD REASON. go to page 7 to see why!!!!!

Link here to see Page 7---> http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2250361&page=7

PLEASE READ: SHAMRAY IS A SCAM, A FRAUD AND NOTHING BUT A RIP OFF. BEWARE OF THESE PROFESSIONAL CON ARTISTS.

Symmetrical3STHeadStock.gifsmackface2v.jpg

Here are its specs:

6-STRING SET-NECK CUSTOM GUITAR

Construction Method : Complex body shape

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Official Template is finally here!!!

fseeblankblacky.jpg

fseeblankblackyUPRIGHT.jpg

After doing an extensive picture comparison between the 120 pictures of the actual 3ST I've collected and the Template I can now go on record and say that all the dimensions are 99% perfect and true to the original, which is more than I could have asked for, I am very impressed with my Russian friends over in Moscow, the building process will now begin, I can't wait! :thu:

This is the extremely scaled down version of the Official Template, its a life sized template in its original size. :)

Its just a mockup template for the key dimensions (Floyd, nobs, tuners, pickup positions, Logo, body, head stock, bevel, etc), the locking nut's width & length are on the template if you look closely, its not supposed to be a beautiful piece of art its just supposed to be accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first of many Custom Shop progress pictures has finally arrived!

tmpphpl6jnsK.jpg

tmpphpQmDjHC.jpg

tmpphparV1JC.jpg

Any one thats ever built a guitar or seen a guitar being built will

know that this stage of the building process always looks rough but

as the building process continues you'll really start to see this

Russian beauty come to life. :thu:

• Members

I always like Shamray's stuff. I kinda want em to make me a custom based off a Kay Vanguard/Old Kraftsman.

Cool.:cool:

Just e-mail Michael at Shamray (the Russain Custom Shop) with any questions if you wish. He can answer any of your question on prices and much more---> Michael@TheGuitarCustomShop.com

Michael is Canadian (first language being english) but works for Shamray in Moscow so don't worry about any kind of language barrier. :thu:

• Members

Another update.

tcs66042009040201387.jpgtcs66042009040202190.jpg

This is just a very rough oversize sketch to help him (the Luthier) block out the rough body blank (plus or minus a half an inch or so). The actual body outline wont be cut until the body outline routing template is made, and that gets taken directly from the actual Official Template.

fkseeblankblackySMALLER.jpg

• Members

Looks very nice but wouldn't it of been cheaper to run down an original? Washburn USA makes a great guitar.

If I found one that was mint then the answer is no, it would not be cheaper. My Shamray 3ST will have very different specs than the original version my friend, its a very unique Stealth made with very different specs than the original, all to my exact preference, and that metallized polyester (mirror chrome) PanterA logo is going to be sexy...:thu:

• Members

If I found one that was mint then the answer is no, it would not be cheaper. My Shamray 3ST will have very different specs than the original version my friend, its a very unique Stealth made with very different specs than the original, all to my exact preference, and that metallized polyester (mirror chrome)
PanterA
logo is going to be sexy...
:thu:

:cool: Big congrats.:thu:

• Members

heads6.jpg

14797433.jpg

neck8.jpg

headneck00.jpg

allinthe.jpg

neck9.jpg

Once again keep in mind that the "black line" is just an oversize

rough sketch for blocking out the body and head stock blank, and not the actual template cutting line!

My Axe is not being made on a CNC machine period, The Russian Custom

Shop I'm dealing with only makes Hand crafted top Quality

instruments and is the 2nd best Custom Shop in and around all of

Europe (Ran Guitars being the first best of course).

That fine dark Rosewood fretboard is lookin sexy already. :thu:

Archived