Shamray Washburn Dime Stealth Custom REPLICA/Variation

brad22386

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its has arrived.

The Bill 'n' Becky Bill Lawrence L500XL has finally arrived at the shop.

tmpphpj773ud.jpgtmpphpzalSLm.jpg

The painting process still isn't complete yet because the painter

wasn't at the shop for a few days but I thought I'd post some more

teaser shots for the hell of it.

tmpphpi7ZZ8T.jpg

tmpphp5JhcE7.jpg

tmpphpWIG3PH.jpg

tmpphpYcJaeT.jpg

tmpphpYNbz77.jpg

tmpphpfb73ft.jpg

The back bevel is not 100% the same as the Original Burnt Black Washburn 3ST's back bevel. They have carved & painted the back bevel to more accurately match the front bevel (unlike the original Washburn version). I'm glad it was carved that way. It looks like it provides a neck heel that will be more comfortable to play when I think about it.

ideaz.jpg

Comparison.^

• Members

Hey, Brad, Do you know how they routed for the XL-500L? You do know that it's NARROWER than standard humbuckers, right?

It's not a huge deal, but if it's a standard route, you need to swap in a standard-sized mounting ring, which leaves large gaps on the sides of the pup. I know firsthand cuz that's what I had to do with my Soloist when I put a BL in it last year.

• Members

Hey, Brad, Do you know how they routed for the XL-500L? You do know that it's NARROWER than standard humbuckers, right?

It's not a huge deal, but if it's a standard route, you need to swap in a standard-sized mounting ring, which leaves large gaps on the sides of the pup. I know firsthand cuz that's what I had to do with my Soloist when I put a BL in it last year.

They had all the dimensions for the B&B before the routing took place, fear not, they know exactly what they are doing... :thu:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

How come you didn't drill the tuner holes prior to paint?

This is exactly what the shop had to say about the whole paint with-out drilling holes yet thingy (in bold below).

No, in truth it's exactly the OPPOSITE.. Drilling before painting means that paint gets in the HOLES.

(We cant install precision hardware in a precisely sized hole if it has paint slopped inside, can we?)

When you drill with a razor-sharp tool, there is no LACQUER CHIPPING (at least when the tool is in the hands of an EXPERT!!)

Allow me to introduce a man with nerves of steel, and "the steadiest hands in the world" (below).

ceck.jpg

Archived