recommend a pedal to help my solos cut through the mix.

citizens_X

• Members

hey there, i've been a bedroom musician for a while, I'm currently jamming in a band situation with some friends and i was wanting something to kick on to boost my volume for solos.

my rig is rather minimal... i'm using a Jaguar HH Special through a a rat2 into a Fender Blues Deluxe.

• Members

great useful little pedal. Of course if you are using a really hot overdriven rhythm tone, the boost has to come after the spot of the saturation.

running the eq in the fx loop is the ideal way to do it. If you run it before the amp and are already using a very distorted sound, you won't get much volume boost but if you boost the {censored} out of the mids on the eq, it'll make the leads cut through much better. fx loop is the ideal way but either way will work.

• Members

couple guys kinda hit on what i do - green screamer and a volume pedal. dano transparent OD (v1) is useful too.

I disagree. If you're using a distorted rhythm sound, adding an OD pedal won't do much other than give you more distortion.

The volume pedal would work depending on where you put it in the chain.

• Members

I disagree. If you're using a distorted rhythm sound, adding an OD pedal won't do much other than give you more distortion.

The volume pedal would work depending on where you put it in the chain.

i use the green screamer (ts808) with the volume at a bit past noon and the od at zero with the tone where i like it, and it does a nice soft boost, with very little noticable gain that just fattens up the tone.

• Members

i am supprised how we have got this far without "tubescreamer"

i broke down and finally bought one (the BBE Green Screamer which is a TS808) and love it.

it works well to wake it up a little bit.

A Tubescreamer was my first thought. I find them to add note clarity.

I'm not first hand familiar with them, but also isn't clarity what this pedal is designed for?

468783.jpg