recommend a pedal to help my solos cut through the mix.

citizens_X

• Members

i am supprised how we have got this far without "tubescreamer"

i broke down and finally bought one (the BBE Green Screamer which is a TS808) and love it.

it works well to wake it up a little bit.

That's the answer that I'd give.

Here's why:

-you can add a little boost to the level

-the tubescreamer normally chops off the bottom end just a tad and your bass player is playing while you solo so that just makes things go together better anyway

-you get some mid boost so since the singer is normally not singing while you solo and that's where the voice is...

• Members

How many other players in your band? What's the instrumental line-up? If there's another guitarist, what does he/she currently use?

All this stuff is context-dependent ... difficult to answer in a vacuum (the lack of air doesn't help, either).

• Members

great useful little pedal. Of course if you are using a really hot overdriven rhythm tone, the boost has to come after the spot of the saturation.

Yep. An EQ pedal in the loop if you have a loop, or after the OD pedal if you use a pedal for ODs will boost your leads wonderfully.

• Members

This is what I use

LTDtop.jpg

True bypass, just adds boost and no color. It also has pots in the case to dial it in.

I love this one, I never use distortion and this lil'guy is just enough to give me a bit of tube grind and sustain to make me sound like I know what I'm doing