What Makes A Tele A Tele?

Elias Graves

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, not really seeking specifics like "Get X model tele."
More just in general about why is a tele so popular, what makes them distinct from other models

EG

Elias, just for you !

When you have some time, go through each and every post and look at the clips posted in each.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/160779-youtube-telecaster-thread.html

If you do not have MASSIVE Uncontrolible Tele GAS after watching every clip, there is not hope for you man ! :D

• Members
Elias, just for you !

When you have some time, go through each and every post and look at the clips posted in each.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/160779-youtube-telecaster-thread.html

If you do not have MASSIVE Uncontrolible Tele GAS after watching every clip, there is not hope for you man !
:D

Thanks. :thu:
This could take some time.

EG

• Members

There are a few things about the Tele that have won me over. First off, I was an acoustic player for many years. I believe that the Tele feels similar to the acoustic in its playability. Second I like the huge contrast in tone between the bridge and neck pickups. the three way switch gives three very different sounds. I know that this view can't be universal, because i hear most people say that the tele is uncomfortable and needs contours like the strat. It is simple. It's flat, on the heavy side, and very solid. It has a stiff touch and it really gives you back what you play. It's honest. Those are really the three things. It feels to me like a guitar should, covers a large spectrum of sound, and is true to what you play.

• Members

Hmm I've never really been a fender guy, and I always think teles and country, strat and rock. How does the Tele bridge construction make it sound different than a strat? Forgive my noob question.

Plenty of teles in rock and strats in country.

The tele is just so simple--it responds so directly to your playing. Nowhere to hide on a tele. Strats are pretty straight forward, too, though.

Both are real honest guitars. But playing a tele right into the right amp......you hear exactly what kind of player you are.

• Members

I have a half dozen electrics and play my Tele as much as the other 5 combined. It's the first guitar I pick up when tackling a new song, it just nails a basic roots guitar sound that cuts across genres, and - as corny as it sounds (and I know it sounds pretty f'n corny)- it just seems like a guitar that wants to be played. And yes - my Tele was in my lap as I typed this. :p

• Members

A vicious bridge pickup, with metal base plate and bridge parts interacting, that cuts through the mix, and which, with the tone turned down a touch, can do the rock and roll.

this.

Neck can be a single, mini, p-90, or hum. but it's that single bridge pickup that's a little too big that really makes a Tele.

Archived