What Makes A Tele A Tele?

Elias Graves

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TVclose.jpg

It's like Fender's ugliest-looking guitar and Gibson's ugliest-looking guitar got together and had a child.

And it almost wouldn't look completely awful if it wasn't for that jack being placed on the "inner thigh".

I vote no.

• Members

Hmm I've never really been a fender guy, and I always think teles and country, strat and rock. How does the Tele bridge construction make it sound different than a strat? Forgive my noob question.

Tele bridge has way more balls than a Strat bridge. I always look at it this way.... if a Strat is a duelling rapier, a Tele is a switchblade. an Esquier? Well, that's a set of brass knuckles..... :lol:

Jimmy Page played a Tele much more than an LP in early Zeppelin - the Stairway solo is all Tele.

Hendrix recorded all the leads on Purple Haze during an overnight session following a gig at the 100 Club. He'd damaged his Strat headstock o the club's low ceiling, so he recorded all the PH leads on a Tele borrowed from Noel Redding.

Joe Strummer.... not sure he played anything other than that late sixties tele of his....

Teles most certainly can rock, much harder that Strats....

Both Strats and Teles were actually invented with Leo's beloved country music in mind, though..... ;)

• Members

Elias, just for you !

When you have some time, go through each and every post and look at the clips posted in each.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/160779-youtube-telecaster-thread.html

If you do not have MASSIVE Uncontrolible Tele GAS after watching every clip, there is not hope for you man !
:D

I was watchin' some of those, and watched this one with Greg Kock - and lo-an-behold, long about 3:20 he launches into "Stranglehold" by Nugent, then goes off into other stuff, like a mixed version of "Stairway to Heaven" and such. ROCK and ROLL tele! :thu:

[YOUTUBE]jQQIT4SJHpY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

like most have said already, it's the body shape and the bridge/bridge pup. I know others will disagree, but I find the body shape to be INCREDIBLY comfortable, and haven't had any issues with the bridge hurting my hand...

And they're sexy like that girl with the glasses... you know it looks simple and kinda boring, but somewhere there IS a raunchy side... that's the bridge. The neck is after when she's resting her head on your shoulder and saying the sweetest things you've ever heard.

They can do anything you need them to. Rock, country, blues, jazz, {censored} it. The tele can and will sing it

Archived