The best NON AMERICAN Tele

Fendert

• Members

Hottest ones out there right now seem to be the Squier Classic Vibes. There are 3 different models now and all get great reviews. There are 2 NGD's over at TGP about the 2 latest versions.

With that said, I just picked up an old '91 MIK Squier which has a fanfreakintastic neck. Looking for a MIK strat with the same kind of neck profile now.

• Members

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there more than just the standards that aren't american, like the road worn, baja, thin line, 72 deluxe/custom, etc....

:thu:

I had a CV tele that was perfectly fine, but I doubt it would smoke a baja or a Nashville in a shootout. For the money, though, they are fine.

• Members

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there more than just the standards that aren't american, like the road worn, baja, thin line, 72 deluxe/custom, etc....

Yeah. The Road Worns , Classic Series, Classic Player Series are all MIM.

My vote goes to the Squier CV Tele. Really great tele for a great price. I only paid 299 for mine, but I could easily see it being a 6-800 buck guitar if it had the "F Word" on it

• Members

the Japanese have been building outstanding teles for decades, old Grecos Tokais...followed by the 52-95 Fender Japan models that came on line in spring of `82, then we have the current crop...too many to name but F/USA has had stiff competition for as long time, and no one has even mentioned the other smaller top notch US builders.

• Members
  • Members

People are recommending 4k guitars because someone doesn't want an American tele. Why not just get what's best?

Because the original question is so ambiguous how can anyone possibly answer it. If someone says they want the "best" tele then I'll recommend a navigator (amongst others) as I guarantee you won't find one better.

If the OP had a price range in mind or meant "mexican" then he should have said so.

• Members

got this Van Zandt at 50% off ...paid about $1200.oo for it, beat every F/MIA in that shop hands down...

IMG_0009.jpg

April 1982 Fender Japan 52-95 JV tele...paid $800.oo for it last spring...one piece body, US electronics and p`ups...don`t see how any MIA could be better...

March1982tele043.jpg

Bacchus top end that came stock with Fralins...unfortunately the word is out on Bacchus now, LOTS of people after them overseas, bought at a local closing out sale for less than half retail price...paid about $800.00

forsaleIII173.jpg

and for the record...you don`t have to pay $4000.00 for a Navigator...buy used, thats what I do......OK this isn`t a tele but it is the Navigator I got for $1000.00 in a local shop. Wasn`t there one day then it was the next...just gotta be lucky and prepared to buy on the spot, thats why I keep my credit card at zero, for times like this...

artII027.jpg

• Members
  • Members

so a Squire CV Tele is better then a Manson?

Keep dreaming.

Never heard of that brand, I am assuming it is more expensive, right? I didn't mean the CV was the best option out there, but when the OP said best non-American I assumed he meant Cheaper "bang for the buck", otherwise I would have reccomended one of the higher end Japanese offerings like others have mentioned

Archived