Picket Stik-itcaster (tele content)

newbuilder

• Members

Got my GFS ash body today. For $55 this is a great piece of wood, not for the anal though.

I have all black hardware from GFS and allparts, and bought Fender Custom shop texas specials for the pups.

I wasn't sure about the finish, but I haven't tung oiled anything yet, and that is the kind of feel I want for this, so some sandpaper and some tungoil.

The neck just shipped from Warmoth. It is a warmoth pro ebony and quartersawn maple with a thin profile and 6150 ss frets with the pearloid dots. I can't wait for that.

Pics of the first pieces to arrive.

005-24.jpg

007-15.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am kinda weird when it comes to wood. Some of my favorite projects so far have been up to 7/8 piece bodies. I have already started the tung oil and it is gonna be perfect. Lot's of contrast between the different grain.

I have a buddy, his whole house is pieces of wood that he milled out of old wood. Sometimes I just walk around and say, wow, look at the grain in this one. I dig the difference between the pieces. I can always paint later if I want.

008-11.jpg

009-9.jpg

010-8.jpg

• Members

gonna be another kick ass Picket axe buddy... let me know how that formby's works out. i bought some of it to refinish my westbury to begin with but got a napier of london kit given to me and really like the tint... i'm thinking this stuff might work good on a basswood strat body though...

• Members

gonna be another kick ass Picket axe buddy... let me know how that formby's works out. i bought some of it to refinish my westbury to begin with but got a napier of london kit given to me and really like the tint... i'm thinking this stuff might work good on a basswood strat body though...

Fo sho, fo sho...I like it so far, it's like working with minwax as far as drying time and consistancy.

• Members

Mr Formby is my new buddy. A little oil, some dry time (12 hours:eek:), some 320 and some more oil. But once I knock the shit off with some green scratchy it feels really smooth and the grain really pops! I can't wait to do a really nice body with this stuff.

001-34.jpg

002-33.jpg

003-32.jpg

004-30.jpg

Archived