Picket Stik-itcaster (tele content)

newbuilder

• Members

Thanks guys! I am cool drilling out the hole where they are supposed to be. The top ones are covered by the bridge and the bottom ones will be covered by whatever inlay I am gonna do.

The thing I don't like about mounting pups to the wood, is the adjustment aspect. I tweek pup height for a while, when I am playing it for the first few times. I already have to pull the guard and adjust the neck pup cuz I didn't think about it when I was putting the guard on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dying to hear how the TX Specials sound, thinking about some for my latest Classic Vibe (the G&L in it sound nice, but always ready to 'speriment). NB, got another question for ya: do you know why peeps change out the E and A string saddle in an otherwise brass-saddled bridge with a chrome or SS saddle like this:

Tbridge.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but you seem to know your way 'round a tele......

This is from the http://www.glendaleguitars.com/saddles.htm website:

"Different saddle material will give your guitar different tones.

Brass has a very nice balanced tone of highs mids and lows. Aluminum adds highs without losing mids or lows. Cold rolled steel adds a very acoustical value to your guitars tone, more highs than brass but less highs than aluminum. Titanium is a very light weight and hard material the sound is similar to brass but adds a little sparkle to the highs."

• Members

That's cool^^^^.

I emailed Jay and now I know what is wrong. I will post his email right here.

You ordered the wrong bridge-

These are drilled for vintage style bridges as the listing states.

We include measured drawings on the site showing the two styles- and specifically state in the listing that these bodies are cut for vintage hardware.

jay

To which I replied'

Nah, at that price it was the right bridge, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue for you. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I will post your response on the boards.

Best,

matt

• Members

so are you going to get a proper bridge or stay the course?

Nah...I like running into stuff and fixing it. It gives me a chance to have to deal with issues that are specific to certain mods or guitars. That way if anyone pays me to fix or mod something later, I did it first on one of my guitars and it's maybe not the first time I have seen it.

• Members

Damn, I didn't know about that taipantone thing, but had pretty much the same story as that guy (like my Godin, machined a similar plate for my tele).

FWIW I bought one of those ash GFS bodies and the bridge fit fine, though it was a Wilkinson bridge, not a GFS bridge.

I'll be interested to hear how your Warmoth neck goes in. Mine was pretty loose in the pocket, and one of the holes didn't quite line up (looked to be the fault of the body not the neck). No real problems though.

IMG_2984.jpg

• Members
It's sticky and your supposed to wear gloves:rolleyes: but it sucks up into that ash really nicely and is not too bad as soon as it kinda dries. I am liking the way it looks.

013-4.jpg

That looks nice. I like natural finishes. Love grain patterns too. My natural finish guitars I've always liked more. Something about seeing the grain the way it naturally occured vs a solid paint job. Looks nice!

• Members

That looks nice. I like natural finishes. Love grain patterns too. My natural finish guitars I've always liked more. Something about seeing the grain the way it naturally occured vs a solid paint job. Looks nice!

Thanks man...I wasn't as familiar with you during the build or I would have ordered some pups to try. I will have to see what you have for my next one.

• Members

This looks great. You know what would look awesome? Taping off the other side of the body and staining it to matcch the other end of the guitar so you have equal parts dark light dark. It would look like it was a super custom made body and not just different non matching pieces of wood.

Of course I also just like the way it looks as is too. I love wood and it doesnt always have to match. Sometimes the varitations are what seperates your stuff from the crowd.

Just an idea though.

• Members

This looks great. You know what would look awesome? Taping off the other side of the body and staining it to matcch the other end of the guitar so you have equal parts dark light dark. It would look like it was a super custom made body and not just different non matching pieces of wood.

Of course I also just like the way it looks as is too. I love wood and it doesnt always have to match. Sometimes the varitations are what seperates your stuff from the crowd.

Just an idea though.

This project may go to the next level at some point. I was also toying with the idea of double black bound:eek: If I do that I may do some more staining.

Archived