Picket Stik-itcaster (tele content)

newbuilder

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, I really to build a tele one of these days.

EG

I kept saying that too. This is the first guitar that I have built myself where I picked the entire thing and ordered all of the parts that I wanted. Most of the time it starts with a body or neck that I aquire. This time I said "tele" and went to the web and started ordering.

• Members

My first snafu with the GFS body, remember I don't mind the grain.

I went to put the plate on and see how it all lines up...:eek: the holes are off. Either the routing for the bridge pup is off or the holes for the strings are too far back. Thing that sucks is I already put the back ferruls in, and either way I have these holes in the back to fill that will be obvious with a natural finish.

001-35.jpg

002-34.jpg

003-33.jpg

• Members

Get a different plate with the humbucker route in it and you cna widen the route. Might work without having to fill anything
:)
Happy to help ya with it; lookin for an excuse to get pluge router LOL

The Texas specials are already ordered for this. I think I am going to use another wood to plug where the existing holes are, maybe rosewood or something else witha cool contrasting grain pattern that I can route a spot and glue it in. I can bring the body over on Wednesday afternoon (the neck will be here) and we can do surgery. Do you have a drillpress? If not, I may take you with me to a special buddy's house.

• Members

The Texas specials are already ordered for this. I think I am going to use another wood to plug where the existing holes are, maybe rosewood or something else witha cool contrasting grain pattern that I can route a spot and glue it in. I can bring the body over on Wednesday afternoon (the neck will be here) and we can do surgery. Do you have a drillpress? If not, I may take you with me to a special buddy's house.

No drill press but it was on the list :) If we could do inlays would be a nice place to route a small name plate or something to cover. Looking good. really like how the color turned out!

• Members

Dying to hear how the TX Specials sound, thinking about some for my latest Classic Vibe (the G&L in it sound nice, but always ready to 'speriment). NB, got another question for ya: do you know why peeps change out the E and A string saddle in an otherwise brass-saddled bridge with a chrome or SS saddle like this:

Tbridge.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but you seem to know your way 'round a tele......

• Members

Dying to hear how the TX Specials sound, thinking about some for my latest Classic Vibe (the G&L in it sound nice, but always ready to 'speriment). NB, got another question for ya: do you know why peeps change out the E and A string saddle in an otherwise brass-saddled bridge with a chrome or SS saddle like this:

Tbridge.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but you seem to know your way 'round a tele......

tHIS is my first tele, but I would guess that the difference in the mass of the two metals would be a brighter/mellower sound. I think of SS as brighter and brass as darker.:idk: I could be wrong. I will definately let you know how I like the specials, if they are at all like teh strat specials, I will like them alot.

Archived