Show us your very budget rigs !

SirJackdeFuzz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the time of this pic, it was a {censored}ty eBay partscaster with no finish, right into a small Stagg CA-10 practice amp that I got in trade for a cheap crappy tuner.

379287206.jpg

At the time of writing, the guitar you see there is in bits, and a new better one is under construction. Which means I have no electric right now.

But even so... I think it's safe to say that nobody will be beating me in this thread :o

• Members

White Bridge Tele copy, made in Korea. On par with the CV Squier Teles for quality, $200

Vibro Champ XD, traded a VOX DA5 and old Crate practice amp I got for free, out the door at GC for $99.

Gigged it last night, mic'ed into the PA. It sounds huge!

vibrochamp1.jpg

• Members

I really love my current setup. Not gigging with it, but I get to turn it up when the wife's away :)

Vox Pathfinder: $120

Jensen speakers: $30 (from a friends Magnatone)

Stereo speaker cab: Free

Lately I've been playing my $120 SX Hawk through it and it sounds like a monster!

newcab.jpg

• Members

This was my "rig" when I joined HCEGF in '04. I found this 80's Crate CR-112 at a thrift store for $50. I don't know why I bought it because I didn't own a guitar at the time or know how to play one. I decided to buy a guitar to go with it so I bought this J.Reynolds Stratocaster. Finding that amp is what gave me The Disease

jreynolds_edited.jpg

• Members

amp004.jpg

I got this head at a yard sale for 5 bucks. After tightening a pre tube socket and giving it a cap & tube job it works great. I built a cab for it and built the speaker cab all out of scrap in my workshop. Got some used speakers and, voila! This is my sub $250 gig rig. With my homebuilt guitar and a G1X I gig regularly. Loud as hell!

• Members

Here's my budget rig:

I scored this for $179 shipped when they first came out. I've swapped out the transformer for a Weber and did the BitMo triple mod to it. I got about $225 tied up in it right now. Also sporting the homemade broken office chair to ampstand project with an attenuator that I built and a $.99 mic stand from e-Bay.

01020002.jpg

And a few pedals on a homemade board. I've got a few more laying around that I need to put on there, but in my incredible moment of genious in desiging the board I opted to make it so that I could never add anything to it. :lol:

01010105.jpg

As for guitars....well I only have the one budget guitar which was this Sheraton that I bought that had a broken neck. I think that I ended up paying around $250 for it and put some new 57 Classics in it. I guess there is about $375 tied up in it which isn't uber cheap, but great value.

01010128-1.jpg

• Members

Here's my budget rig:

I scored this for $179 shipped when they first came out. I've swapped out the transformer for a Weber and did the BitMo triple mod to it. I got about $225 tied up in it right now. Also sporting the homemade broken office chair to ampstand project with an attenuator that I built and a $.99 mic stand from e-Bay.

01020002.jpg

That is brilliant!

brilliant_medium.jpg

No pics but my budget ris is an H&K Edition Blue 15DFX amp I got for around $50 when MF was blowing them out.

I keep it by the recliner in the living room so I can play while watching TV.

Killer clean channel and the distortion channel is very good if you keep the gain and volume down.

• Members

I've been playing with a buddy's band on the NYC Marathon route (he has a regular, official space there for it) for the past few years. This past November I played with a backup guitar-- a Carvin Bolt kit guitar I got off Craigslist for $80 (!) because my US-made Hamer's switch was acting up and an Ampeg J-20 MIK PTP I got when Sam Ash was blowing them out for $300 last year.

Archived