Ibanez Jem or Suhr Modern?

scolfax

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is it possible to ignore looks when confront with such a piece of profound beauty (the JEM, obviously)?

You will, however, come across as a bit of a Vai fanboy. That's okay though, because who cares what people think as long as you like it. (Oh, and I'm looking at the new 505 version, that maple neck is tasty AND you get an original edge.)

• Members

A friend of mine had a MM Petrucci and a JEM. He played a bunch of Suhrs and said they blew his guitars away - he sold is Petrucci and is considering selling the JEM because, in his words "when I get the Suhr, I'd never play the other guitars." I like his JEM a lot, so I'm curious if the Suhr is really *that* much better. Now, of course that's just his opinion, but I'm looking forward to going back to Andy's Guitars with him to try them out for myself. Here's the Suhr I'm really GASing for... my dream guitar (sorry, can't find a direct link for the pic):

http://andysguitars.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_26&products_id=1048

• Members

Suhr. I once had an Ibanez. The neck broke, and I couldn't even contact them for a replacement. John Suhr, on the other hand, has answered my personal questions even though I don't own one of his guitars. If had had the dough I would, though.

• Members

If you have a chance play them both try them. Don't forget the 7v and the 77v have different wood and pups, so are voiced differently.

Ah, thanks for the tip! Alder + Evo vs. Basswood + Breed.

Guess the next step is to start including prices in the equation. Can you get a Modern for $2500? Those super-pretty ones look like they're $3k+

Archived