The 'There is Still Good Music Out Now!' Thread...

2pacHendrix

• Members

Music today lacks soul and feeling in my opinion It all seems sounds manufactured. Point me in the direction of some Sweet ass Hard rock/blues stuff that has come out in the recent years.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Whoo! Whoo! All aboard the OT train
;)

The past four modern good musical things I've had interest in:

video game music (Nobuo Uematsu)

more video game music (Silent Hill series)

Paul Gilbert

a Finnish metal band called Airut

:idk:

Nobody is as classic rock, listening to the deep cuts, grew up on free form radio as me.

But Meg and Jack bring it; and it ain't just me: how many side bands and projects has Jack been featured in lately?
I just saw him on the country channel the other day busting it with some mandolin and fiddle playing dudes.

Lastly, video game music?? The video game music you listen to ain't cutting it. Pick up Guitar Hero, which is introducing a whole new generation to quality rock music.

• Members

My "humble" contribution. :)

Blackberry Smoke
My favorite new band, love all there songs.
[YOUTUBE]oki9HGgwzoI&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Superstack
[YOUTUBE]almfYlSTGyE&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Sean Costello Band
I think this guy would have been big.
[YOUTUBE]jSYmZea1H1Y&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Texas Hippie Coalition
Just fun stuff here... :)
[YOUTUBE]zjCtHgNEcV0[/YOUTUBE]

T

• Members

Music today lacks soul and feeling in my opinion It all seems sounds manufactured. Point me in the direction of some Sweet ass Hard rock/blues stuff that has come out in the recent years.

the manufacturered hard rock/blues thing is over in the mainstream. you'll have to look elsewhere to hear the same old thing now.

• Members

I have a few bands that have are new that you might like:

1) the answer- there a northern ireland band, they have a classic rock sound to them, check out the song 'on and on' by them

2) muse: they have been around since around 2000 and the have a 'space sound' to them, you should check out 'plug in baby' by them

3) airbourne: there from australia and they sound like acdc, check out 'runnin wild' by them

4) bullet for my valentine: there a welsh band and arent well known( i dont think so anyways), check out 'hearts burst into fire'

5) avenged sevenfold: there an american band, check out 'afterlife' by them

6) stone sour: there an american band and the lead singer from slipknot is there vocalist, check out 'through the glass' by them, nothing screamo in that song!

7) audioslave: there an american band that 3 members from RATM formed with chris cornell, check out ' like a stone' by them

Sorry i havent got youtube links, im using my phone at the moment

• Members

Monotonix are probably the best live band I've ever seen. And Saul Williams is probably one of the best people I've ever met.

good choices!! Monotonix is also on my list for best bands i've ever seen live. the singer took the kick drum away from the drummer and i was like "wow, what an asshole, i'd be pissed" but then the guitar player walked up to the kick drum and started kicking it, and thats how they started the next song, such a good and entertaining band.

• Members

There still are a few bands out there doing the blues/rock thing. My favorite are Radio Moscow, from my home town of Ames. I've seen them live, and they just absolutely rock. One of the coolest shows I've ever seen. I've talked with their lead guitarist at a deli (smallish town) and have a guitar case with his signature.
[YOUTUBE]AW2IINtmuNA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]QK7utv94JU4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
good choices!! Monotonix is also on my list for best bands i've ever seen live. the singer took the kick drum away from the drummer and i was like "wow, what an asshole, i'd be pissed" but then the guitar player walked up to the kick drum and started kicking it, and thats how they started the next song, such a good and entertaining band.

No doubt! Seen 'em twice now. Once in a small venue where they started on stage (did what you were talking about in between) and ended up outside rolling around in a mud puddle still singing and playing their instruments. The second time was at a festival. Though... for certain reasons I have no recollection of what happened there. :facepalm:

The riff for "Body Language" is absolutely amazing.

• Members

Stone Gods-
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Wolfmother-
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

The Living End (my favourite band, BTW)
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]