The 'There is Still Good Music Out Now!' Thread...

2pacHendrix

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
On the other hand, I was kinda disappointed by this latest Muse album, especially following 2006's excellent Black Holes And Revelations. The lyrics are just pretty contrived and they really didn't try anything different, so it sounds like a band covering itself, if that makes sense.

Of course a bad Muse album is still better than an awful lot of music :) My first couple of listens gave me the same impressions, but I still throw the disc on pretty regularly. It's definitely a Muse album. I've been having fun digging out a lot of my mid-late 90s electronic music...Chemical Bros, Fluke, Underworld, Aphex Twin, etc.

• Members
Actually, 2pacHendrix has really good taste in music and has turned me on to a few great bands. Thanks for your contribution, though.

Thanks, man. I'm glad someone's actually opening their ears.

Anyone else dig dubstep?
[YOUTUBE]CQxZKaVxfZw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]MYQ4Wvb-e6I[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]GzdmTOJ0aQ0[/YOUTUBE]

It's basically music on drugs.. and I like it :freak:

• Members

I've gone through a decent portion of the stuff here and it reminds me of one thing..... college radio music. A good song here or there but not much that is gonna stick or enjoy a long life of commercial airplay (with a few exceptions throughout the thread).

Where's the first album, or hell even 2nd or 3rd album (that has come out in the last 5 years) of a group like a Sabbath, Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, James gang, Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Stones, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, U2, Police, Ramones, Nirvana, Weezer, Soungarden, Faith No More, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, STP, Tool, Metallica, Primus, Rage Against, Smashing Pumpkins etc, etc, etc.

Where are these type of albums? Good rock music that i will still want to listen to after I have listened to the songs a few times.

Archived