Sixty years of the Tele ...

csm

• Members

Gracefully contoured:freak:

Yes, in scanning the article quickly, I saw the words coffee table, which I thought might be more appropriate to the tele.

However, article is basically spot on - the guitar does warm and fat AND it does wiry and trashy, and it cuts through the mix... and has that strange 'creak' beneath the sound.

• Members

Not quite true that the tele never went out of fashion either - it definitely is very fashionable since the late 90s, early 00's.

You'd have been hard pressed to see bands playing them in the 90s (in the main), where all the rage was the strat or the LP. (probably thanks to nirvana & Slash)

• Members

I love teles for their simplicity in design. I have 4 in my collection and 3 of them are frankenteles that I have put together myself...:o

frankentele #1 built 12 years ago:

092.jpg

bride of frankentele - built Sept 2009

090.jpg

Squier CV '50's Tele Purchased Oct 2009

Before:

cvtele6.jpg

After:

IMG_4078.jpg

son of frankentele built Jan 2010 approximately...:freak:

IMG_4394.jpg

• Members

^^^^^

Love 'em both VERY DEARLY INDEED. Which I use on any given occasion depends almost entirely upon whether or not the song requires whammage. If it does ... send for the Strat. If it doesn't ... call on the Tele.

• Members

I've said this before on here, but my old man told me years ago how great teles were. Of course I didn't think that he knew what he was talking about at the time so I stayed away from them for years. Bought some things with pointy headstocks and even eventually bought an LP.

15 years later it finally dawns on me to at least try one out. I'm no uber tele fanatic, but I do like them very much. All those pointy headed guitars are long gone and I just got one of the teles I had to sell earlier this year back and couldn't be happier.

Only problem that I have right now is that it needs to be refinished and I can't seem to put it down long enough to do it properly. I suppose that may be why so many of them are relic'd; can't stand to be without it for that long. :lol:

• Members

I love mine for cleans and light overdrive, but I've yet to be able to get a heavier crunch sound that I'm happy with out of it. My Strat can handle that kind of rock sound, but the tele doesnt seem to be able to.

• Members

I love mine for cleans and light overdrive, but
I've yet to be able to get a heavier crunch sound
that I'm happy with out of it.
My Strat can handle that kind of rock sound, but the tele doesnt seem to be able to

Ummm...have you ever listened to the first two Led Zeppelin albums?

You're doing it wrong!

Archived