Super rare Teisco J2

fuzztone

• 6 years later...
  • Members

Does anyone know anything about this guitar? I know this post is old, but I was recently given one of these from a long time family friend. It works, but it's not in very good shape and will need some restoration I think. Just trying to figure out if I should invest in doing anything with. I can't seem to find much of anything else on this specific model except for this post.

• Members
Does anyone know anything about this guitar? I know this post is old' date=' but I was recently given one of these from a long time family friend. It works, but it's not in very good shape and will need some restoration I think. Just trying to figure out if I should invest in doing anything with. I can't seem to find much of anything else on this specific model except for this post.[/quote']

Depends what you want out of it. If you're looking to "make money" on it....I'd say it's probably a waste of time. But if you want to get it to something you can use as an original piece of gear that nobody else will have...then go for it.

I saw Paul Gilbert talking about how he will get his guitar tech to completely over haul old guitars like Teisco's. Make custom pickups that go under the original covers, get the action low and nice etc.... I think that's pretty cool.

Archived