• Last Reply
  • Members

Most likely a custom Trussart Steeltop.

- Gibson specs (22 frets, 24 3/4 scale)

- antique top with iching engravement, black statin back

- mahogany body and neck with a rosewood fingerboard

- 2 humbuckers with a Jimmy Page wiring scheme

1296_image_med_james-trussart-steeltop-d

Or I'd just say screw it and get this....

90663JoePerry59LP.jpg

• Members

I'm basically a life-long strat guy... I've played plenty of choice vintage guitars and I've been pretty happy with a few select lower-priced guitars bought at a great deal, then tweaked them even more to my liking.

Having said that, the best guitar I've ever played was a $2,800 Fender Custom Shop Light Relic that was faded Olympic white with a mint green guard and CS69 pickups. It played literally like a million bucks and even though I have absolutely ZERO need for a $2,800 guitar, I was tempted.

I must not have been the only person that thought it was great. It was on the wall for less than a week and it was sold. Indy is not a big market and the fast sale says a lot more about how fine the guitar was than how many big spenders we have in the area.

It looked like this:

r27592_lg4.jpg

r27592_lg3.jpg

• Members

A couple others that would be VERY high on my list would be a paisley Trussert tele and a Les Paul in a muted color (desert, iced tea, honey etc...) with an ebony board and green trap inlays that plays better than any LP I've ever played.

:lol:

• Members

...what would be the dream guitar you would buy. Be honest I promise I won't rag on anyones choice, and post a picture if you got one.

When I buy guitars, money is no object, and I have the ones I want.

XOX Audio Tools Handles.

• Members

Except for replacing my "just like" guitars with the originals my heros played I'm good.

The only thing I can think of would be a D'Angelico New Yorker. But that's like owning a Stradivarius. It needs to be in the hands of a pro not a hack like me. I have thought about one of their Korean copies. They're only around $1000.

This is an original from 1947 that sold for $27,500

AR3776ang.jpg

• Members

ml1spj_04.jpg

Now THAT is some serious attention to detail. Notice how the truss rod cover is cut from the same piece of wood as the maple panel on the headstock. The grain lines up exactly.

Nice touch :).

I would love to try one of those out, if that little touch is any indication, that's going to be one hell of a well made guitar.

As to me . . . I still have serious GAS for a well made replica of Garcia's "Tiger" guitar.

303861432_02d1fedcfe.jpg

• Members

I'd have my friend who builds for Zakk Wylde, Buck CHerry and a whole {censored} ton of artists build me a custom guitar... NO clue what I want tho.. so many ideas floating around my head.

and I also have always wanted a Ibanez Jet King II (the first run models)

and a TV Yellow vintage Les Paul JR double cutaway.

• Members

I know its uncool to play sig models, but the Music Man Morse Y2d, i think, is pretty much the perfectly designed guitar for how I like to play. Super versatile and comfortable (and I'm not even a super huge morse fan).

Yep. I tried one at a store and nearly sold every guitar I had to get it then came to my senses a little later. I really liked it though.

For me though?

One of the Ibanez Artwood Twin Doublenecks even though it's hugely impractical for me and expensive:

2670re-sml.jpg

One of the Ibanez Artist AR5000 reissues with the active electronics, booster

preamp and vine inlay etc:

ar5000.jpg

Also expensive and very limited edition.

• Members

Always thought these were cool:

p1_uz0mfoh3h_so.jpg

Fender Coronado II

If money was no object and Fender would agree, I'd just get a new one made by the Custom Shop in the color and specs of my choice. Probably natural or shell pink with chrome hardware. Otherwise any number of pre-existing finishes would be cool save for the Antigua and Wildwood tops.

Probably settle for an ES-339 someday.

• Members

If money were no object, I'd have someone build me a guitar to my exact specs.

And then build me another one six months later when I changed my mind about some little detail.

Barring that, I'd settle for one of these at the moment: http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/signature_series/rick_vito_signature.html?v=VXQbncERdS0

Archived