Unpopular bands with good tone

mike squires

• Members

Name a band that is not widely known that had good tone.

I'm sure you have heard of these guys but they are not commercially famous...

Faster Pussycat-I love me some Faster Pussycat. Very underrated IMO

HUM Champaign local band that went on to do some good stuff, Sonically solid

• Members

If you are talking recorded music there were tons from the 80's and 90's. When record companies used to have money to throw around, you know from album sales, there were tons of bands that had polished recordings of crap. Good tone, bad songs.

• Members

Ty's tone is pretty special. In all of it's incarnations. The current rig sounds like his best rigs through the years and the model he uses above is the one that is supposed to sound like his old LAB series setup, love that lead tone. The new DVD is awesome (used Marshall cabs instead of Egnaters or his old mesas) and is a great way to appreciate how great the band is. My all time faves.

I didn't mention Ty because I am in denial about them being unpopular. Everyone I hang with knows them and digs them (probably because of me). Go tell someone!

• Members

Ty's tone is pretty special. In all of it's incarnations. The current rig sounds like his best rigs through the years and the model he uses above is the one that is supposed to sound like his old LAB series setup, love that lead tone. The new DVD is awesome (used Marshall cabs instead of Egnaters or his old mesas) and is a great way to appreciate how great the band is. My all time faves.

I didn't mention Ty because I am in denial about them being unpopular. Everyone I hang with knows them and digs them (probably because of me). Go tell someone!

I hate to think of the "Unpopular" too...Underrated, Hell Yes!.....I always take advantage of threads like these to "Go Tell Somebody"

If I could afford the plane tickets, I'd go see them in Europe in April, hope they come back to the states this year.

• Members

Most of you won't know this, but I thought Last Crack (a Canadian band, I think) had a killer guitar sound on their first album, ca. 1990. I always suspected it was like an ES-335 into a Marshall Plexi, but I never got to see them live, so I may never know the truth. :idk:

Archived