We all like to give our opinion so, here is a what would you pick poll.

Beckman

• Members

I have some money coming to me on Friday. I was set on a Faded Brown SG until I played a Dean Soltero with a soft V neck. I don't care for the headstock (though I could live with it), but what would you pick:

Soltero.jpg

Dean Soltero with soft V neck

28797aaf-cfb4-4153-8891-a349744c1490.jpg

Gibson Brown Faded SG

60sSG.jpg

60's SG Natural

HB60sLP.jpg

60's LP Honey Brown

BrownV.jpg

Faded Brown V

FadedBrownLP.jpg

Faded Brown LP or other used LP studio

Or something else. I like Satin finishes. Especially if it is a Poly finish. I prefer the feel, and acoustic sound. I play a lot unplugged so the kids are not disturbed while sleeping. Semi-hollow and acoustics are too loud.

I want something Mahogany. I am also looking for used and low cost $400 to $600, the two 60's Gibson options may make me wait since they are higher. Where the others I can go with right away. Remember I am looking used.

I don't want to save for a Gibson LP Standard, PRS whatever. I don't want to spend that much at this point. I play at home, so I am not trying to impress anyone. This is to fill my GnR, Led Zeppelin, and etc void in my current collection.

Thanks for the feedback. I may go with something completely diffrerent, who knows.:facepalm:

• Members

i had a soltero. Hated it. Pups suck. Neck profile wierd. Resale... forget about it. Get the Tribute or the LP Mahg. finish

I played one recently. I liked the v neck. But, I only played it a short time. 10 minutes. I was planning to give it a good test drive soon. The headstock is not my thing, but I could live with it, or change it.

• Members

PRS SE's are in that price range. All mahogany models are out there with P90's or humbuckers. Not sayin' they're better, just worth a look.

I used to GAS for the burst p90. They ran used for $350 a few years ago. I almost bought it. They are not out of the question.

• Members

Other. I'd go for a Regenberg Avada SFT. Just got one a coupla' weeks ago, and I am IN LOVE. :love: :love: :love:

*ahem*

I mean, it's not bad for a $734 MIA custom... :p

Shame they're no longer on the US Masters site. I wonder if they're going to re-introduce them at some point. I'm just glad I got mine when I did.

edit: a couple pics for you:

DSC00269.jpgDSC00273.jpgDSC00276.jpgDSC00286.jpgDSC00287.jpg

• Members

Other. I'd go for a Regenberg Avada SFT. Just got one a coupla' weeks ago, and I am IN LOVE.
:love:

*ahem*

I mean, it's not bad for a $734 MIA custom...
:p

Shame they're no longer on the US Masters site. I wonder if they're going to re-introduce them at some point. I'm just glad I got mine when I did.

edit: a couple pics for you:

DSC00269.jpgDSC00273.jpgDSC00276.jpgDSC00286.jpgDSC00287.jpg

That is nice. I remember when you got it. All the other Regenberg's are still more expensive. IIRC.

• Members

Probably the 60's LP although I can't stand those unfinished guitars.

I like them. I am not a fan of the thick plastic poly finishes you get on LP guitars knockoffs, including Epiphone. I don't hate them, I just want something different.

• Members

Those Deans can be great playing guitars, but they aren't me.

I wouldn't get the V at all.

I had a Faded Brown SG and liked it, but wouldn't get another and I'd pass on the Faded brown LP as well.

Of those on your list, the 60s SG Natural would be my first choice followed closely by the 60s LP Honey Brown. In all honesty, I wouldn't get either of those unless I could, ideally, play several of them and take the best or at minimum, play it first.

Having said that, I'd very likely get the SG, esp if the store had a cosmetic blem as I have the hots to take something like that, fill in the neck pickup hole and two of the control holes and refinish it to something like this, but with the TOM setup.

PelhamSGJr1.jpg

• Members

Those Deans can be great playing guitars, but they aren't me.

I wouldn't get the V at all.

I had a Faded Brown SG and liked it, but wouldn't get another and I'd pass on the Faded brown LP as well.

Of those on your list, the 60s SG Natural would be my first choice followed closely by the 60s LP Honey Brown. In all honesty, I wouldn't get either of those unless I could, ideally, play several of them and take the best or at minimum, play it first.

Having said that, I'd very likely get the SG, esp if the store had a cosmetic blem as I have the hots to take something like that, fill in the neck pickup hole and two of the control holes and refinish it to something like this, but with the TOM setup.

PelhamSGJr1.jpg

There is a sweet SG that color at a GC used inventory. Two hums, and a TOM. It is in the running. I can get it, and return it if I don't like it.

Archived