Gibson 60s Tribute SG - Unhappy NGD & Gibson Fail

curseoftruth

• Members

+1

American workers have no {censored}ing pride in workmanship... or their management has the thumbscrews turned too tight to let them do their jobs properly :poke:

Having just been let go from my job because I'm physically incapable of actually being in multiple locations at once, I totally feel the thumbscrew issue.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is my 60s tribute that I purchased in person from Wildwood Guitars in Colorado about two weeks ago. The guitar is flawless.. and it sounds amazing. It is easily the best sounding guitar I own. However.. I had to play 6 of these guitars to find this one. There wasn't anything wrong with others... some had slightly wider necks and some didn't feel or sound as lively. My point is buying anything online is a crap shoot. Guitars even of the same make and model vary wildly.
sam0190y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Members

Having just been let go from my job because I'm physically incapable of actually being in multiple locations at once, I totally feel the thumbscrew issue.

I agree on the thumbscrew issue. People all over naturally want to take pride in their work. If they don't it's usually because the higher-ups have created a negative work environment.

• Members

I agree on the thumbscrew issue. People all over naturally want to take pride in their work. If they don't it's usually because the higher-ups have created a negative work environment.

The sad thing is that I've always been proud of whatever work I do because I refuse to do a half-assed job. Sadly, it was required that not only I do a full-assed job, but I had to do a double- and triple-assed job when I only have one ass to give.

• Members

The sad thing is that I've always been proud of whatever work I do because I refuse to do a half-assed job. Sadly, it was required that not only I do a full-assed job, but I had to do a double- and triple-assed job when I only have one ass to give.

You're an ass ;)

• Members

How thew {censored} did PRS even get in this thread. I hate PRS guitars, I don't give a rats ass if you, your mom or anybody else likes them or not. Necks don't work for me at all and most I've played sound pretty dead. Yes they look nice, build quality is great and some of you might like them. If I want a wide flat neck with lifeless pickups, I'll buy a cheap Ibanez, which of course I wouldn't do.

I dunno where you're getting Lifeless pups from. That would be Dragon IIs. HFS are great and warm.

Here's a little noodling with the HFS and Vintage Bass.

• Members

Even me?

I'm just kidding, I'm boxing it up now and I shot some pix, I can't find the cable to hook up to the computer so I have to wait until my kid gets home from school - I used her camera. My camera had a dead battery. Wasn't able to capture many of the issues but the white streak and one of the dents came out pretty good I think.

• Members

Looks like a cheap Gibson to me. I know I owned a Special that wasn't so special a while back. Send it back for another. You're lucky it has the dents so you can do that. One thing though to remember Budget is just that and I am betting it wasn't QA who {censored}ed up but some part of the shipping.

Save up a grand and get yourself a used Custom Shop SG. You'll be glad you did.

Archived