Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like some others here, I don't often frequent the Electric Guitars forum, but this thread caught my eye, and last night I read through basically the entire thread. First, I must say how incredibly inspired I am by the strength and spirit of you Kevin, as well as your son. This is obviously an unbelievably difficult and confusing period in you and your sons life, but it's incredibly clear after reading through this thread that you and your son are some of the strongest people in this world, much stronger than this disease. You just need to keep that strength, and keep fighting, and know that you and your sons' positive spirit is perhaps the most important treatment for your son, as well as yourself. I am very pleased to hear that Dustin's condition is improving and I pray and hope that it's completely gone for good as soon as possible. Keep believing, keep him believing, and both of you keep enjoying the little things that make life so great, like new guitars and tie-dye dates ;). Much respect, love, hope and mojo to you and your entire family.

To Brent, I followed you and your wife's situation throughout this topic and it saddened me greatly to hear about your wife's passing. I wish you some peace and quiet dignity in this difficult time. As others have said, though, take peace in the fact that she is no longer hurting. Take solace in all the great memories you made with her, and use them to keep her alive within you. Most of all, be as strong on you can but don't be afraid to let your emotions out, lean on a friend if you can, whatever it takes, but stay strong.

Once again I am truly inspired by the strength of all those in this topic who have had to deal with these incredible challenges. I lost my grandmother to Lung Cancer when I was in junior high. It was tough, but she was rather old and we had expected it for some time. Also I think at that age it was hard for me to connect to the reality of the situation/put it in perspective, but I do have a very small idea of what some of you are going through, and have a great amount of respect for the strength you've all displayed. I was going to wish you guys all the strength in the world, but it's pretty clear you've got it already. I guess then I wish that you KEEP all the strength in the word and NEVER STOP FIGHTING.

-Erik

• Members

Dustin went to the Dr. Thursday and we have no change as of right now. Cancer still at the 50% reduced level it was last time we saw progress and he is maintaining his weight which while being a positive is still a bit disturbing to me. He only weighs 135# as of now. This is because he is still burning a ton of calories fighting the lymphoma and MAC.

It is difficult to hear "No change" and "we are looking at it as a positive"

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is sending us on a trip to Maui and it starts tomorrow. Dustin originally chose Maui because he wanted to do some mountain biking in one of the most exotic places on earth. He won't be mountain biking, he just does not have the fitness level needed for even the shortest of rides. We will however have an awesome time. It IS Maui for cryin' out loud.

Hope you all had a happy Independence Day (you Americans anyway). Keep the faith we are gonna go recharge the healing batteries in Hawaii and I will report upon my return.

On an unrelated note I just moved into an awesome lakefront home w/my GF and every day I go home to a veritable vacation spot.

Peace out HC see you when I have a nice pinkish hue to my skin.

• Members

Best wishes Kevman to you and your family, I hope you and Dustin have a great vacation in Hawaii.

I want to thank all of you for your love and support that you have shown Judy and I through the years. She never understood the solace that guitar brought me, but she loved the support you the HC forumites brought us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey everyone, our friend RoosterB is in some trouble. He's been out of work with his back. He's been planning a move to NJ for a new business venture which is now off due to the bad economy. He's in real danger of losing everything soon. Anybody know what we can do to help? Raffles, collections?

EG

• Members

I'm in the Tri-State area and had no idea my neighbors on HC were going through so much. Kev, enjoy Dustin and Maui as you need a break. I am so sorry to hear about Judy too, Brent. I can't even imagine that level of loss even though I have lost a parent and brother. A spouse is totally different. We can all pray for you but remember to cast your anxieties on God for He cares for you. It's that one-on-one relationship that builds you up and can cause things to change.

We are also told to give thanks in all situations, (not necessarily FOR all situations)! Not trying to preach, just share what has helped me along. Sorry too about RoosterB. A lot of deals are tanking these days but hold tight.

God Bless everybody here!

• Members

Update:

Well we are back from Maui. It was absolutely killer awesome. Dustin didn't have the energy level to do some of the things he had wanted to but was able to get himself some fantastic experiences. We saw some of the largest sea walls (remember the beginning of Jurassic park 2?) as well as huge water falls from a chopper. TC had nothing on our pilot...Captain Kurt.

He parasailed with his brother. We all went on a snorkeling cruise to Molikini and the turtle arches off of Maui. Sea turtles are cool.

We saw a dude twirl fire and listened to some killer local percussion gurus at an authentic Luau.

We did some free snorkeling off of Napolini bay in Maui where we saw even more awesome sea turtles.

We ate all we could eat and Dustin still lost 5 pounds on the trip.
129# when we got back.:confused:

The Dr. put him on an appetite stimulant and gave him the OK to go to Virginia to spend and additional week away from NJ with my folks.
My dad is a member of the Blue Ridge Miata club and has an Mspeed Miata (fun!) Dad took dustin down the twisties of the BlueRidge Parkway to TN where there is a stretch of road called the Dragons back. Some insane amount of turns 161 in like 8 miles and where all the bikers drag knees and autocrossers take it to the limit.

I pick him up tomorrow. He has gained back a good bit of weight. Up to 140#:thu: Dustin is going to be staying with me and I am excited about it. My GF is awesome and loves him to pieces and he thinks she is pretty damned cool too. We visit the Dr. again on the 3rd and hope to have good news. We will have a new CT scan to judge progress.

My best to all of you. It's good to see kids smile eh? God bless the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My kids in paradise!
232323232%7Ffp8%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3233%3E265%

• Members

I was in an array of surgery's . . in and out of the hospital from 14-16 . .. . I got set on fire . . . . and then with an unrelated (equally painful) genetic defect (which i was unaware of) caused an infection at the base of my spine . . . that was sweet. Anyway . . . . what im getting at is even though it seems as if your world is coming down around you . . . just . . . kinda got to hang out . . play some tunes, eat some hospital food, and play the cruelest pranks that you possibly can on your friends.

GOod luck im rooting for the whole fam.

Archived