Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hey bud,
as a father of a cancer child too my heart prayers and positive vibes go out to your son and your family. you're really gonna find out who's got your back and strength you never knew you had and it's gonna suck and it's gonna rock, my lil girl has leukemia also heres my email badsun79@hotmail.com if ya need an ear we're a tight group the parents i meant so good luck god bless and plz keep me posted....... casey

• Members

I just wanted to let everyone know my wife will be going back in for her 6th surgery tomorrow, 2 surgeries this year already..

the tumor that is growing is doing so at an accelerated speed so they have to move quickly they stated then comes the chemo ..

sorry for the gross pic, but as you know I've reported on my wifes surgeries before and some just refuse to believe me..

she needs all the prayers we can give her..

here's the tumor (about the size of a baseball) they have to remove, along with the scaring from all the other surgeries..

21173bm.png

I hope she does well, she's all I have and I'd be lost without her...

:cry::cry:

• Members

Cancer has taken so many people close to me, it's a dreadful thing.
I also know a few survivors - it helps to know some people do survive it.

Kevman, really good news about Dustin. I have to say I have read each of your posts with quite some apprehension, dreading to read bad news.
I hope the news you'll give us in the future will be similarily positive - fingers crossed here.

IS, good luck to your wife. Hope she gets better swiftly.

• Members

The Update 9-4-09.

Went to get CT scan yesterday morning and then on to the transplant clinic where Dustin has been getting treatment. Dr. says that Dustin looks good and that his labs/levels look good. Still hears some rattle in the lungs and that it is likely the MAC/tuberculosis hanging on.

Dustin was taken off the 3x/week antibiotic infusion regimen mid-week last week which is awesome. This was handed down by the infectious disease Dr. who originally diagnosed the MAC and called for and prescribed the treatment of antibiotics both oral and infused for Dustin. We were told that the oral dosages would need to continue for a year or more and that it may take all of that time or longer to get rid of the MAC completely.

On to the cancer (f-ing cancer blows). The lymphoma that is present all over Dustball's lungs had not changed in size at all according to his last CT scan on 7/28 so I was freaking out hoping that we would see some reduction in the size of the nodes or at the very least no change which would tell us that the cancer is at least not growing and spreading. The Dr told us that even if there was no change visible on CT scan that sometimes lymphoma leaves scar tissue which could be seen on CT scans and that as long as it isn't growing he would see it as a positive.

Call from Dr. later in the day reports that CT scan of lymphoma is "Much Better" which means further reduction in size of the lymphomas!!!!!!!! Furthermore the Dr. says that Dustin no longer needs to come back to him other than his bi-yearly transplant follow-ups and that he has been released back into the care of his "regular oncologists"! These pediatric oncologists will only need to check up on Dustin every other month while Dustin still has to go once a month for port flush/maintenance, labs.

Hell yeah I wish JJ were around to read this. All you guys (and girls) this is the best news in a long time and I thank you all for your continued support and interest in this kid's recovery. 2009 has been another tough year for us but now it looks as if Dustin is back on track to meeting with the big R (remission)!!! Hell yes!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Thank you Dr.s thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! Thank you health insurers! & last but first thank you GOD the most because I feel in my bones that you have a long life planned for my son.

On the roller coaster that is and has been Dustball's recovery this is a long downhill with hands in the air screaming with a goofy smile on your face.

Peace out folks! So happy to share this with you. Have a happy and safe Labor Day.

tears of joy, brother

{censored} cancer, {censored} cancer hard, fast and ugly

• Members

Great to hear from you JJ.
Dustin is continuing to kick ass. In college and all and doing OK. I am nagging the boy to get himself into a band (he wants to meet girls) and do some recording. He plays very well and I think it'd be awesome if would share his music. Over this past weekend I re-strung the "JJ Guitar" for Dustball and thought about the fact that JJ rarely stops by the HCEG nowadays. Hoping he is doing the deal and making it happen and kicking the {censored}.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Man, Kevman, I just read this post and all I can say is the obvious. Thank god your son is back and doing well. I am happy for you and your family. I have a good friend of mine that has had two kinds of cancer in the last few years and he is still fighting! I gave him a card one day just to let him know I was praying for him, and it meant a lot. I am sure the support here for your kid was a great thing for you and your family.

Seth

Archived