Pickup upgrade for Duesenberg

burton4snow

• Members

I use Wilde L500L's in my Guild and ES330 bridge and an L500C in the neck of the Gibson. I play blues and a little funk. The clean tone is perfect for me, and the overdrive tone is articulate and smooth. They're a little brighter than other high output pickups which seems to take care of any midrange honk that some semi hollows (especially Gibsons) can have.

• Members

how about a nice set of GFS pickups?:poke:

*runs from thread and hides*

I still might throw some Dream 180s in there. I have them in a new Epi Wishire with split coil and A/B to my Duesenberg they sound better to my ears. I am thinking more about BurstBucker pros I have them in a Fender Toronado and thats my best sounding guitar to my ears.

• Members

Waiting for the Rose pickups pitch ...

just saw the thread or they would've been the first suggestion... what's your deal anyway? you seem to dislike Rose Pickups. do you have any experience with them at all? i have exstensive experience and can vouch for ALL of their stuff...

• Members

just saw the thread or they would've been the first suggestion... what's your deal anyway? you seem to dislike Rose Pickups. do you have any experience with them at all? i have exstensive experience and can vouch for ALL of their stuff...

I have no problem with Rose, but would you really put a $30.00 pickup into a $2800-$3500 guitar as an upgrade? I have a bunch of guitars I've put GFS pickups into, but they have been $200-$300 guitars. I would a think a $2800 guitar would already have something better than a pair of $30 pickups in it.

• Members

I have no problem with Rose, but would you really put a $30.00 pickup into a $2800-$3500 guitar as an upgrade? I have a bunch of guitars I've put GFS pickups into, but they have been $200-$300 guitars. I would a think a $2800 guitar would already have something better than a pair of $30 pickups in it.

What would you suggest putting in a $2500 guitar?

Archived