Pickup upgrade for Duesenberg

burton4snow

• Members

They sound dull to me! Had my tech try various heights and he agreeded that the pickups were the weak point on this guitar.

Oh..... I'd get Lollars or WCRs. You've got an expensive axe, spend some dough and get some pickups with pedigree. No offense to the happy GFS , BG and Rose users.

• Members

Seems for what one costs the pups would be good?

Well, people buy Gibsons and replace the pickups in those. Shouldn't those pickups be good? Or how about Gretsch great pickups in those but people have been known to swap those out.

Replacing pickups doesn't always mean that the stock pickups are bad, could just mean that you want something different.

• Members

Oh..... I'd get Lollars or WCRs. You've got an expensive axe, spend some dough and get some pickups with pedigree. No offense to the happy GFS , BG and Rose users.

Honestly I'm getting tired of you insulting me. Until you have tried my pickups I would kindly request you stop posting about my product.

If the op would like a custom set of pickups made with the highest quality by some one who has almost 10 years of experience making killer pickups shoot me an email or pm for a consultation.

Thanks,

Bryan Gunsher

BG Pups Custom Pickups.

• Members

First of all, stop lumping Rose and BG in with GFS! Rose and BG each offer custom wound pickups. Rose also happens to have an import line that is less expensive. Try looking at his website, genius! :mad:

I have three guitars equipped with BG's pickups and I can assure you he can make just as good of a pickup, if not better than the more expensive winders, i.e. Fralin, Lollar, WCR, etc.

• Members

I have no problem with Rose, but would you really put a $30.00 pickup into a $2800-$3500 guitar as an upgrade? I have a bunch of guitars I've put GFS pickups into, but they have been $200-$300 guitars. I would a think a $2800 guitar would already have something better than a pair of $30 pickups in it.

:facepalm:

hello??? Ken's custom winds are pretty much in the same ballpark with BG's, which are also in the same ballpark as the mainstream brands you can buy off the shelf at the local retailers. Where are getting $30 from? His import Mariposas that sell out in a day or so each time he gets them in?

• Members

Honestly I'm getting tired of you insulting me. Until you have tried my pickups I would kindly request you stop posting about my product.

Bryan, didn't you know? WCR infuses their pickups with magic pixie dust thereby imbuing them with a sound unachievable by pickups wound by the hands of mere mortals.

• Members

Pedigree doesn't mean {censored}. Expensive isn't an indicator of quality, it just means your spending more money. I've played some pretty expensive guitars that sound like {censored}, and I've played a few cheapies that sounded amazing. Cost has nothing to do with it

• Members

Pedigree doesn't mean {censored}. Expensive isn't an indicator of quality, it just means your spending more money. I've played some pretty expensive guitars that sound like {censored}, and I've played a few cheapies that sounded amazing. Cost has nothing to do with it

+1000! thank you, D-log

:thu:

• Members

Boutique or Gibson like the guitar warrants.

Sure, put in what you like the sounds of but I mean honestly, I like the GFS Classic 59's but I am not going to recommend someone pull the pickups out a high end boutique guitar and replace them with $30 pickups. That is no Epiphone the OP is playing.

Again, I am perfectly happy with some of my GFS transplants in my inexpensive guitars and am sure Rose has a fine line of pickups that will liven up most Jay Tursers, Epiphones or Ibanez and other similarly priced guitars.

• Members

Boutique or Gibson like the guitar warrants.

Sure, put in what you like the sounds of but I mean honestly, I like the GFS Classic 59's but I am not going to recommend someone pull the pickups out a high end boutique guitar and replace them with $30 pickups. That is no Epiphone the OP is playing.

Again, I am perfectly happy with some of my GFS transplants in my inexpensive guitars and am sure Rose has a fine line of pickups that will liven up most Jay Tursers, Epiphones or Ibanez and other similarly priced guitars.

[video=youtube;KtOJXdVQ5OY]

Archived