Here's the reason I don't play electric guitar anymore.

PancakeBunny

• Members

25iyu06.jpg

No electric guitar will ever look or sound as beautiful to me as this guitar, or many of the others I've owned.

I still love electric... I just don't have the patience for it anymore. So much going on. I got fed up with all the different elements. Pedals, amps, pickups, tremolos. Oi!

• Members

I don't get it, where's the volume, tone and p'up selector controls? :confused:

Is it good for metal too?

Okay, how about - what's the make of that one, I can't figger it out?

• Members

Earlier in the year I got my first real guitar, a cheapie $100 acoustic from Best Buy my brother bought me sort of as a late Christmas present. They also had cheap electric guitar + amp stuff too. After playing a couple months with the acoustic I was wishing he'd have bought me the electric. Then I got my first electric and hardly played the acoustic. Now I realize that the acoustic first was good because having an electric that just was horrible would've been a bad experience most likely. I have my acoustic next to the computer, since there's no room for the electric so I end up playing it at least 20% of the time, which is good for me.

So I can see why some people play acoustic. To get away from all the hassle of tech stuff. Hawt guitar bro :p

• Members

Here's another one.

358njt2.jpg

A Martin D-28 Marquis Burst

bgbd55.jpg

An OM-18 Golden Era and a Taylor GS5

An R. Taylor Style 1

25ukuhj.jpg

An OM-18 circa 1933.

23r0let.jpg

A more detailed picture of the Bourgeois Slope D.

15x4dpz.jpg

Although to be fair... these are pretty too.

2yo9y7q.jpg

am312g.jpg

34ipboj.jpg

2mi2jj8.jpg

2illz01.jpg

But those days are behind me.

• Members

Does a guitar has to sound "beautifull"? If you think about it, some of the best electric sounds in history are far from "beautifull": they are nasty, weird, raging, far out, cute, devilish, fat, airy, hairy, eerie ... but not really "beautifull" in the common sense. But we love it, don't we?

• Members

I have fun with my acoustic but for what I want acoustics are just too one dimensional. I'm not going to learn to be phenomenal on one and there is just SO much more I want to accomplish on electric that spending too much time on acoustic is a distraction. So it's there for a little color when I need it.

• Members

It's a Bourgeois.

Well, it is a nice looking guitar. All of them are.

Well, just remember this -

[video=youtube;NJVU2Js-Aeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJVU2Js-Aeo

[video=youtube;5LSTc-5Fn_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSTc-5Fn_Y

a time for acoustic, a time for electric

and of course a time for

[video=youtube;Y8aGlOj2VFo]

• Members

you know, as much as I love the electric guitar, a nice acoustic guitar can make me forget all about it too!

I really want a Collings D1A + 12 guage strings + a bluechip guitar pick = glorious

Archived