Here's the reason I don't play electric guitar anymore.

PancakeBunny

25iyu06.jpg

No electric guitar will ever look or sound as beautiful to me as this guitar, or many of the others I've owned.

I still love electric... I just don't have the patience for it anymore. So much going on. I got fed up with all the different elements. Pedals, amps, pickups, tremolos. Oi!

Bourgeois makes incredible, "pry this guitar out of my cold dead hands" guitars! :thu:

• Members
I still love electric... I just don't have the patience for it anymore. So much going on. I got fed up with all the different elements. Pedals, amps, pickups, tremolos. Oi!

I hear you - there's nothing like a gorgeous sounding acoustic. I'm going to throw out that you don't need all that stuff for electric. A quality guitar, a quality amp and a cable. Effects are cool and all, but it's just window dressing.

• Members

Well I suppose I play 75% acoustic to 25 % electric but I sure as hell wouldn't' want to be without this:

BILD1129.jpg

That is a sweet freaking Tele, would much rather have that then the acoustic... I have one cheap Fender acoustic a buddy gave me years ago, I never play it... Don't really have much interest in acoustic guitars, but hey if you like them, that is all that matters...

• Members

I've gone through serious electric phases too. Not only guitar but trying things like banjo, uke, mandolin, fiddle. there is something about not having to plug in, mess with pedals and amp settings...I like the purity of it.

When I was playing acoustic guitar for years (because it was the only instrument I owned for a while) my wife used to tell me she thought it was nice because when I was playing more electric, I was playing more riffs and solos and making weird FX noises, but weith the acoustic I did more actual songs.

I get in these mindsets where I think the whole civilization is heading towards the {censored}ter and electricity will be scarce in the future and I need to live in a yurt in the wilderness and just have a couple of acoustic instruments...

But the fact of the matter is I really like to rock out and make weird noises and get those obscene sqwonks...

• Members

I used to always have 3 or 4 higher end acoustics in the line up. But these days I don't have a one and play unplugged a lot. It's a playability issue for me: Acoustic actions are necessarily stiffer and I have to many years of wear and tear on my left hand. There's nothing I like more than the sound of a quality acoustic but I just can't play 'em.

• Members

There are some beautiful acoustics out there. A good friend of mine has a Huss & Dalton. I had the opportunity to play it and was simply floored by the sound - I have never played an acoustic guitar that sounded so three dimensional. One day, I will own one!

Archived