Sweet Endorphin Rush Words: "Your order has been shipped" - What's Coming Your Way??

GAS Man

• Members

SDOTD 8/20/11

DV016_Jpg_Large_430809.183_goldtop_R.jpg

SDOTD 8/21/11

DV016_Jpg_Large_430808.002_classic_white

Of course I'll need friggin Prozac on 8/20/12 when these will have to be paid off. :eek::facepalm:

But for the meanwhile, I've got my GASr's endorphin rush and fed the monkey.

EmilyHahn4web.jpg

Time to store the nuts for winter, what do you guys have coming - or contemplating?

• Members

You're gonna have to update your spreadsheet lol

Haha, I already did. The bottom line changes when I update it which is like a slap in the face saying to me, "you stupid bitch".

Living in the drizzly Pacific NW I was at the gym today talking to a guy who bought a summer house with a swimming pool in Arizona last year for $65K. Good to have folks remind you of your follies too. ;)

• Members

I ordered both as well, I intended to cancel the GT Sunday morning, however, I was side tracked all day and both guitars shipped. I'm afraid I may do as you and keep both guitars.

The Great Deals thread has a mojor hold on me:facepalm:

I think they'll be cool. Insanity finally got the best of me on number 2 at around 10:30 PM last night.

Man, I gave it a good go to let the rest of you clean them out and save me the dive, but it was that puppy in the window thing that finally got the better of me. But I'm looking forward to owning a Lester with BB Pros that has a better finish than my VM. I'm curious how the weight will compare with the VM.

steve_man, you were the man. Excellent self control.

Oh, and I've been there buying the sub for the son. :D

• Members

I ordered both, but ended up canceling the white one. Since the white one didn't sell out, I guess I'll probably have another shot at it one of these days if I change my mind.

The gold top is out for delivery as of this morning...

• Members

The GT looks sweet, and was a huge temptation for me as well. I've all but stopped ordering doublecuts, though, because despite cycling through some very nice ones, I've yet to find anything that even comes close to dethroning my HP Custom. C'est la vie, and congratulations. :)

• Members

Wating for my white DC. My home HVAC crapped out Sunday night (after placing the SDOTD order) so I wanted to cancel, but damn if they didn't ship it out before they opened the phones in the morning! So, now I'll inspect it and return it if there's anything wrong. If I like it and it's perfect, I guess I'll be selling something else to pay for my AC. :cry:

• Members

I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while now.

I'd like to think it's due to immense self control, but really it's because Steve Benford is working on a sweet strat for me, so my money's locked down. Anything new will require selling of gear, and my appetite for that is small right now.

But window shopping and vicarious living costs nothing at all. :thu:

• Members

I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while now.

I'd like to think it's due to immense self control, but really it's because Steve Benford is working on a sweet strat for me, so my money's locked down. Anything new will require selling of gear, and my appetite for that is small right now.

But window shopping and vicarious living costs nothing at all.
:thu:

I was on the fence too for the same reason... Steve is building a KILLER strat for me as well..... but that Double Cut Gold top with P-90's was TOO HARD to resist! :poke:

• Members

Anything new will require selling of gear, and my appetite for that is small right now.

But window shopping and vicarious living costs nothing at all.
:thu:

unfortunately, the latter usually costs me money.

I really need to take lessons from some of you on "selling". But like you said, my appettite for that is small.

I will sometimes tell one friend at work about my buying and I talk about the flip potential for selling. He sometimes has the bad taste to remind me that he'd like to see some of this "selling potential" I've been talking about. :mad:

:lol: He's right.

My problem is that I don't have one guitar that I can't find some redeeming or saving measure attribute that warrants a stay of execution. It seems like even if they are not among my best, then I have some sort of upgrade pending for them and possibly the upgrade hardware already in the house.

• Members

My problem is that I don't have one guitar that I can't find some redeeming or saving measure attribute that warrants a stay of execution. It seems like even if they are not among my best, then I have some sort of upgrade pending for them and possibly the upgrade hardware already in the house.

I know that feeling VERY well. Unlike many who post here, I feel seller's remorse for nearly every piece of gear I've forced myself to part with. Generally I do a lot of research when buying, and I buy infrequently, so typically the gear that comes in is a strong bet that proves out at least partially. So I'm not inclined to part with most of it.

BUT money and space constraints require me to observe the law of conservation of gear - one in, one out (with some adjustment for cost differentials). Thus, to improve my rig or act on GAS requires selling the gear that least satisfies me. It can be painful, but on balance it's been the right approach for me. Take away that counterbalance and I'd fill every nook and cranny of the house with gear, and completely obliterate our budget. And I'd have to sell off EVERYTHING to pay for the divorce!

• Members

BUT money and space constraints require me to observe the law of conservation of gear - one in, one out (with some adjustment for cost differentials). Thus, to improve my rig or act on GAS requires selling the gear that least satisfies me. It can be painful, but on balance it's been the right approach for me. Take away that counterbalance and I'd fill every nook and cranny of the house with gear, and completely obliterate our budget. And I'd have to sell off EVERYTHING to pay for the divorce!

Yeah, that's a mantra I should adopt. I get close to obliterating my budget and every nook and cranny in the house is stuffed with gear :eek:, but my wife is a bit different. The only way I could get her to go would be with a one way bus ticket. So I don't have that cast iron fry pan upside my head like most guys here have to keep them in check. :lol:

I'm mid 50s right now, so I also tend to think that maybe in another 10 years or so (retirement) that I'll get some more of them out in rotation. So even the "I haven't played it in xxxxx, so out it goes" doesn't work with me mentally. Example, I have a Cordoba Gypsy King. Hardly played it since the day I got it, but who can't see themselves getting more into a thinline classical/electric in the 60s right? Am I right or am I right or am I sick?

:lol:

P.S. The two at the top of this thread are due to roll in tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good picks.

Archived