Photo thread. Post > colour accurate < pics of your blue guitars

grumphh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I am not sure. It's kinda lake placid but not really. The body is from a 2001 deluxe powerhouse strat and fender does claim it to be lake placed blue but it is not typical of that colour code. It's a tiny bit lighter and has a hue of aqua I suppose.

See, this is why we need this thread :D

I mean, at one point someone will post a pic of that particularly exclusive custom colour that you have - and if it is faithful to the colour you will be able to know the fancy name of your guitars colour too.

...or it is LPB and the paint mixer just had a bad day? :eek:

• Members

RETIREMENTGUITARS108b.jpg

Top to bottom : Whale Blue PRS Custom 22, Blue Custom made Flying V, Blueburst Fender Tele Plus

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

Blue Swirl Gibson Anniversary Flood Les Paul (looks very different depending on the lighting, as shown)

GuitarsJan09065.jpg

Transparent Blue Fender FMT Tele

NewPRS068.jpg

Blue Sapphire Jerry Donahue Signature Fender Strat

• Members

OP, I'm pretty sure as long as YOUR pics are color-accurate, yours is Agave, not Lake Placid. If you know the difference, they are very easily discernible. On the other hand, there are countless folks that own a Surf Green strat that think they have a Daphne Blue strat.

Daphne:

DSC_6968a1daphne.jpg

Surf Green:

DSC_6968a1surf.jpg

Here's a pic I took of another forum member's guitar.

Ice Blue Metallic:

DSC_3945a1.jpg

• Members

OP, I'm pretty sure as long as YOUR pics are color-accurate, yours is Agave, not Lake Placid. If you know the difference, they are very easily discernible.

Oh, by now i am 99% positive that mine is agave - but the key words are "if you know the difference" ;)

I don't hang out in guitar stores so have no idea what other fender blues look like - except for looking at the net.

And with the pics being of as varying a quality as they are it really is hard to get a feel for which of the medium blues you actually own...

And that Ice blue metallic is one cool colour :thu:

• Members

This is a fairly accurate shot of my CT4's blue..

Img_4824.jpg

And here is what happens when light hits it:

Img_4817.jpg

Here is a shot of the DC400 I sent back for being way too dark:

vertical.jpg

And here is what it looked like when light hit it:

yummy.jpg

That was your second CT4 after the first was too dark, right?

you made the right choice, absolutely beautiful!

• Members

That was your second CT4 after the first was too dark, right?

you made the right choice, absolutely beautiful!

Nope...

Timeline went like this:

Lusted over the CT > Ordered a DC400 (the quilted one above) > kept lusting over the CT > Got the DC, saw it was black, sent it back > Ordered the CT> missed the DC, so I ordered a white DC127 > got the CT, wished I'd also ordered a white CT hehehe > got the DC, realized I don't have enough walls for the number of Carvins I want to own.. Eventually, the CT won the fight for #1. I've never played a guitar I feel more at home with. I love my Parker, but there is something primal about my CT.

• Members

Doesn't it get redundant after a while?

One might think so, but come on... I mean, some of the Jazzers have white knobs and some have black knobs.

Some of them even have CHROME knobs, so it's not like they are all the same. Or even similar for that matter! :lol:

Archived