What is your "signature" guitar

DavidMgT

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First and formost, It's gotta be a Charvel. They make the best guitars, have the greatest neck profile and I would endorse them in a heartbeat...well... I'd have to get a lot better with my playing, but you get the idea. Right now, I have 3 Charvel Pro Mods (That I've moded quite a bit) that are my main guitars. The Green one has Active Seymour Dunucan PU's which help out for various songs. The purple Tele has a Duncan Custom8 @ bridge and a 59'-A2 @ the neck. I use this guitar for early 80's and more vintage tones. The reduced output and clarity that neck pup gives me makes it great for sweeps (which I've been fond of lately). The Custom 8 pickup is playful, has plenty of output and has that sweet Custom Custom tone, buit it has more balls due to the A8 magnet. The last guitar and newest axe to my stable is the red one It's a H/S/S design and is loaded with DiMarzio pups. @ the bridge there's a Tone zone, the middle has an Area 67' and the neck has a Paul Gilbert Injector model. The tone zone feels a lot like the Duncan Custom8, but has a richer sound with a little less snap. The single coil pups give me some other tonal options and I can get a great strat sound from the 2 & 4 positions. My guitars mostly have graphics instead of paint jobs, but if I ever had an actual signature guitar, it would have some sort of fiber optic light built into it and would be painted a glow in the dark color. I also might change the neck wood to rosewood and the fingerboard would be a heavily quilted Birdseye maple. Anyway, Here are the guitars. The green one is called "Slimer", the purple one is the "iGuitar" and the red one has yet to be named.

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

Archived