Anyone have a Blizzard Pearl or Candy Cola Strat?

Flatspotter

• Members

Anyone have a Strat in either of these colors? I'm wondering what color they actually are. On Fender's site, Blizzard Pearl looks silver, but I suspect it's really metallic white. Candy Cola looks like Candy Apple Red, but I would think something called "cola" would be more brown.

• Members
So would you say it's more of a metallic white than silver?

Kinda looks like a metallic silver mist. Not really a white. Not in person anyway. It's decent for a current production color, but I'm still smitten with the surfy colors and am probably going to sell the body for something in a vintage Fender color.

• Members

Candy cola is my favorite strat color. I once wanted an olympic white strat and bought one actually (and returned it) but the Candy cola grew on me afterwards and I almost wish I had bought that one and kept it (though i am more than happy with the "strat" I bought after returning the OW one).

• Members

there doesn't seem to be a large difference between this and candy apple red... right?

It's hard to photograph but there actually is. I believe the gold undercoat is the same, but the red tint over it is quiet a bit darker than than candy apple. When you are at an angle where you aren't getting reflection off the gold coat CC looks much darker than CA in similar lighting.

• Members

I love blizzard pearl. The anniversary MIM's that came out a few years back where really nice.

Unless you've seen a "pearl" finish before, it's hard to describe. It has a bit of frosted iridescence. While it is silver, it's not really a metal flake sort of silver, but has sort of shimmer to the look. Think about a real pearl and how it is white, but it has sort of a deeper set of iridescent overtones. Now - do that with silver and you've got it.

Archived