Robert Plant or Roger Daltrey?

Preacher

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope. I WAS calling Plant 'faggy'. His voice and stage moves have always been way to feminine for my liking.

Having seen both in their heyday, I have to say I never felt threatened by their attempts to attract teenage girls by exposing their torsos. It never occurred to me that it might be directed in a different direction, but those were more simple times.

As performers and vocalists, I could not separate them for a vote.

Different bands, different genres.

• Members

I pretty much agree. If you're going strictly by vocals during their heyday, then Daltrey slays Plant, but as far as what they have done musically over the last 25 years or so, Plant has been much more diverse and interesting; Daltrey's sadly part of a nostalgia act that should have called it quits about 1982...

I think a fair amount of what Daltrey has done outside of The Who, has not received quite the notice as Plant's side work. I think he's done a fair amount in traditional music. Plant stays more contemporary I believe.

and now for something totally different

[video=youtube;x97DGaZuxVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97DGaZuxVk

• Members

Frankly, as a huge fan of both, I think Plant goes a little overboard at times - but that's his style. I think that Daltrey is a more talented singer as I think Plant once said if it weren't for Page, he'd still be singing in Irish pubs.

I read a book on Plant like 5 years ago, don't quote me on that.

Archived