Mr. Seller: yeah, that's a cool guitar, but that description is beyond ridiculous...

Chad

• Members

really the only mistake he made (besides evoking images of fingering virgin girls and jesus shroud) was to admit he never played the guitar. Hes too honest to a fault. It totally undermines the entire description. He should have left that part out, because he goes on to say it has great playability. He just come soff as a collector not a player, and to me someone that gets so much joy out of just looking at a guitar is just weird. Its abnormal to not want to play a brand new guitar.

• Members

How about this one from about a month or so ago? I actually felt the guitar was interesting because of its being Stealth, but I had a difficult time deciding what was more offensive: the guitar being capable of "Nazi Fusion Madness" or the manufactured folklore meant to manipulate one's patriotism and sympathy--that the seller was listing the guitar for the family whose son had "played the hell" out of the guitar before having been killed in Afghanistan.

Here's one of the images and the text from that listing:

-8572006653258290.jpg

Fender

• Members

How about this one from about a month or so ago? I actually felt the guitar was interesting because of its being Stealth, but I had a difficult time deciding what was more offensive: the guitar being capable of "Nazi Fusion Madness" or the manufactured folklore meant to manipulate one's patriotism and sympathy--that the seller was listing the guitar for the family whose son had "played the hell" out of the guitar before having been killed in Afghanistan.

Here's one of the images and the text from that listing:

-8572006653258290.jpg

Fender

• Members

I find that guitar fugly in the extreme. To me, the excess application of gold lacquer and plated hardware screams kitschy, classless and CHEAP rather than SPECIAL. It just plain looks out of place and stupid.

Yeah, but opening the case is "like jumping out of an airplane"! Doesn't that make you still want to buy it?

Archived